Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
Gifts for assistant teachers

amother

Post Thu, Dec 08 2011, 6:07 am
My co and I are trying to come up with a nice or cute idea to give our assistants for chanuka. We have quite a few assistants, so we really don't want to spend a lot of money. Also, some are married and some are not, so we want something that can be useful to both. Another teacher told us she got nice leather albums for $8 each. I'm not thrilled with the idea, but if we can't find anything nicer, we may just go with that. That price range, though, seems perfect. (Well, the cheaper the better, but it can't be too cheapy.) Anyone have any bright ideas? Tia

Amother in case the teacher who's giving the albums is on this site. I don't want to give myself away

Bella:D

Post Thu, Dec 08 2011, 9:02 am
I'm an assistant teacher and last year I received a mug that came with hot chocolate and the mug had words on it like mentor, inspiration, teacher.... (it was from a parent, not the teacher). It made me feel really special like they recognized that what I was doing was important.

I think thats a really nice gift.

amother

Post Thu, Dec 08 2011, 5:01 pm
Thanks! Great idea! Actually, if I can find cheap enough, I'd want to put a picture of my class on the mug and write something nice. Anyone know which website is the cheapest to do that?

amother

Post Sat, Dec 10 2011, 6:45 pm
We appreciate cash. No one needs more chachkis. An Amex card is useful.

de_goldy

Post Sat, Dec 10 2011, 6:52 pm
$8 seems incredibly little - unless you meant each of you will spend $8 per teacher (so total of $16 gift and that is so-so). don't give junk.

#1baker

Post Sat, Dec 10 2011, 7:22 pm
when I was a assistant I got a nice pink pocket siddur with my name on it it was presented with a chocolate

amother

Post Sat, Dec 10 2011, 7:50 pm
Op here.
We have 6 assistants who we have to give a gift to. I respoke it with my co, and we really don't want to break the bank over chanuka gifts. I could very nicely say that well spend $25 on each, but I happen to know that my co doesn't have tons of spare money. So we want to spend $10-15 on each assistant, which makes it $60-90, or $30-45 for each of us. Very nice that other assistants get nice things, but that's when the teacher gives to 1 or 2, not 6.
And for the amother who hid behind amother, please be grateful for anything you get from your teacher. She's not mechuyav to give you anything, so appreciate what you get and don't grumble about not being given cash

Anyway, were probably going with cute monogrammed makeup bags for the assistants, though were not sure yet
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics