Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Turning kitchen over for Pesach

When will you turn over kitchen for Pesach?
Sunday before (April17th)  
 15%  [ 2 ]
Monday or Tuesday (April 18th & 19th)  
 30%  [ 4 ]
Wednesday (April 20th)  
 38%  [ 5 ]
Thursday (April 21st)  
 15%  [ 2 ]
Erev Shabbos!!  
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 13

alef22

Post Tue, Apr 05 2005, 3:44 pm
With Pesach arriving right after Shabbos, how far ahead do you plan to turn over the kitchen to get all that cooking done?

girliesmommy

Post Wed, Apr 06 2005, 5:15 am
How about Motzei Shabbos, so we can begin cooking on Sunday. I need all the non-working days I can get! Wink

Tefila

Post Wed, Apr 06 2005, 5:18 am
girliesmommy after shabbos you wouldn't be able to do. Since it's first seder night, the earliest would be the Fri. We will prob do the Thurs can't see it happening b/4 Confused

Pearl

Post Wed, Apr 06 2005, 5:20 am
I think she means the motsei shabbos 16 april?

alef22

Post Wed, Apr 06 2005, 9:56 am
Do any of you have a Pesach kitchen? I have friends who are already cooking and freezing because they have a Pesach kitchen. That is one "luxury" I can live without--I have enough challenge just making supper tonight--I don't like to freeze things--not organized enough to think it all through.

girliesmommy

Post Wed, Apr 06 2005, 10:15 am
Quote:
I think she means the motsei shabbos 16 april?

Thanks Pearl, yes that's what I meant. I wouldn't be able to manage without cooking the entire day on Sunday since I will be working until Thursday! Sad

Sunshine

Post Wed, Apr 06 2005, 3:03 pm
Freilich how do you manage turning over your kitchen and cooking in 2 days for so many guests? What is your secret? This is the first pesach that I am making at home so I also have to tovel and wash all my pots and stuff so I need extra time. I will turn over the kitchen on Sunday and wash up everything. On Monday I will make the basics (everything that you need made inorder to cook with)like boil sugar, shmaltz, lemon concentrate. Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday I will cook and Fri I will wash and check the lettuce for the marror, grind the horseradish and make the charoses.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics