Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Help me get duct tape adhesive off kitchen counters etc.
1  2  Next

Chana Patricia

Post Sun, Dec 18 2011, 8:18 pm
Hello, How do you get duct tape adhesive off counter tops, cabinets, appliances, etc.? I've been wrestling with this since after Pesach. Next year: NO DUCT TAPE! It's really not necessary for 2 adults. Thanks in advance for any help or advice!

imasinger

Post Sun, Dec 18 2011, 8:29 pm
Have you tried spraying it with Greased Lightning and then working with a scrubby or scrubbing brush?

Mimisinger

Post Sun, Dec 18 2011, 8:31 pm
WD-40 - It's the only thing that will work. How do I know? I did the same thing - with sticky liner paper. It was horrible to take off. wd-40, scrubby sponges.

Love My Babes

Post Sun, Dec 18 2011, 8:42 pm
Goo gone it's a yellow liquid in a bottle. U pour a lil on the sticky part and u cud scratch it off. U cud buy it in a hardware store

groisamomma

Post Sun, Dec 18 2011, 8:49 pm
Goo Gone. We had the same problem. Spray, let it sit a while, then it slides off. Stubborn pieces slide off with fingernails or a plastic knife. No scrubbing or rubbing involved.

MGmom

Post Sun, Dec 18 2011, 9:53 pm
fantastik did a good job on my counters or goo gone. either one I left for a few minutes before trying to rub it off.

zaq

Post Sun, Dec 18 2011, 10:08 pm
nail polish remover. highly flammable so use sparingly and let rag dry outdoors before discarding.

ElTam

Post Mon, Dec 19 2011, 12:18 am
WD-40 is the best for adhesive. Spray it on and and let it sit. you may need you use your fingernail or something else to scrape off. Wipe up with warm soapy water.

Laughing Bag!

Post Mon, Dec 19 2011, 12:55 am
I would also say WD-40 that shud work. you may also wanna try The Magic Sponge it may also work.
good luck Smile

Chana Patricia

Post Thu, Dec 29 2011, 8:05 pm
Thanks everyone for the suggestions!

paprika

Post Thu, Dec 29 2011, 10:50 pm
For next year, use the blue tape that painters use to stick on the wall. Those, obviously, don't leave unwanted stuff behind.

Chana Patricia

Post Sun, Feb 12 2012, 4:33 pm
Thanks SO much for the excellent idea of using the blue tape that painter's use!!! Very Happy

chefmommy

Post Sun, Feb 12 2012, 4:37 pm
oops amazing glue remover any hardware store carries it

Liba

Post Sun, Feb 12 2012, 5:27 pm
I want to third Goo gone. It works wonders. I got smashed in gum out of my SIL's skirt with it.

mfb

Post Sun, Feb 12 2012, 5:35 pm
I fourth goo gone
and for the future I use masking tape I found it comes off without leaving a mark

ra_mom

Post Sun, Feb 12 2012, 5:36 pm
Oops is great. Just keep it in a high place, and don't use it when babies are around because it has some fumes.
Takes off the adhesive stuff from the counter very easily.

Happy18

Post Sun, Feb 12 2012, 6:12 pm
Another vote for goo gone.

groisamomma

Post Sun, Feb 12 2012, 6:20 pm
Yet another vote for goo gone.

OOTBubby

Post Sun, Feb 12 2012, 6:22 pm
paprika wrote:
For next year, use the blue tape that painters use to stick on the wall. Those, obviously, don't leave unwanted stuff behind.

A couple of years ago one of the Jewish publications said there was a white version of the blue painter's tape. I sent DH all over the city looking for it and no one had heard of it.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Feb 12 2012, 6:28 pm
OOTBubby wrote:
paprika wrote:

A couple of years ago one of the Jewish publications said there was a white version of the blue painter's tape. I sent DH all over the city looking for it and no one had heard of it.
I use the extra wide masking tape. It's off white, sticks better than painter's tape, and doesn't leave residue.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry