Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Teachers' Room
Playgroup davening (2 year olds)

amother

Post Mon, Dec 19 2011, 8:36 pm
If anyone is a morah for a playgroup for two year olds, which brachos are you teaching during davening? I am asking because I want to make sure that I am reinforcing at home what my DC is learning at playgroup and I'm too embarrassed to ask the morah, since I feel like I should have been doing this a long time ago.

thanks

Pinkerella

Post Mon, Dec 19 2011, 8:57 pm
I wouldn't worry about reinforcing for a 2 yr old. I would just do Mode Ani, Torah Tizva, and Shema. Many two year olds will be playing around while you're davening anyway.

AlwaysGrateful

Post Mon, Dec 19 2011, 9:11 pm
Never be embarassed to ask your child's morah. They'll be impressed that you care so much in the first place.

amother

Post Mon, Dec 19 2011, 9:21 pm
AlwaysGrateful wrote:
Never be embarassed to ask your child's morah. They'll be impressed that you care so much in the first place.

Thank you for saying that, AlwaysGrateful Smile

Pinkerella, I don't think my child is too young to learn the brachos. She tells me he sits very nicely during davening and follows along, chiming in where appropriate. I just wish I knew what she was saying. Maybe I should get over it and ask. embarrassed

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Dec 19 2011, 9:25 pm
TOTALLY ask. If you want, that is. We do not work on 2 year old's davening at all in my home, but that's our mehalech. If we understand what they are singing, I'll sing it with them. But otherwise, they're usually happy to do things on their own. It might change next year anyway. My 3 year old went from saying brachos on all food last year to a playgroup where she doesn't say any brachos.

But I have asked my sons' teachers in school (about 5 years old) because I thought it was age-appropriate for them to daven at home on Shabbos, and I wanted to double check what they were doing. One year, I gave the teachers a blank tape, and they returned it with the boys' davening so I could hear the tunes as well.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics