Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
This weeks Mishpacha about Special Children's Center

lkwdmommy

Post Thu, Dec 22 2011, 10:11 am
Did anyone read this weeks Mishpacha about the Special Children's Center in Lakewood?

I'm so pumped (as my kids would say).The article is really nice - it really gives over the story of how it all began so beautifully. The focus might be (in my opinion) a bit much on the Schwekey's as opposed to the whole Center, but I guess that is the special interest in the whole thing. Not that they don't deserve the credit-they are really an AMAZING couple!!

You might have noticed that I am a total fan of the Center. My DD has been volunteering and currently works there for a number of years, and I see and appreciate first-hand the terrific work they do.

(BTW, two of the kids mentioned in the article have spent Shabbos and/or Yom Tov in my home to give their families a breather even when the Center house is closed or full.)

Last edited by lkwdmommy on Thu, Dec 22 2011, 10:21 am; edited 1 time in total

faigyl

Post Thu, Dec 22 2011, 10:14 am
thanks for the heads up Smile My baby goes there... I'll buy the mishpacha this week.

lkwdmommy

Post Thu, Dec 22 2011, 10:23 am
faigyl wrote:
thanks for the heads up Smile My baby goes there... I'll buy the mishpacha this week.

You might want to do that fast. Smile I bought one of the last copies in my grocery store last night! Rolling Eyes Hope they restock soon.

sarahd

Post Thu, Dec 22 2011, 1:43 pm
I thought the article was nicely done. Of course it was mostly about the Shwekeys - they were the subject of the article and the cover picture. Shwekey sells magazines; the Center, as wonderful a place as it is, probably wouldn't, outside of Lakewood, that is.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics