Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
How many Jewish publications do you subscribe to weekly?
1  2  Next

How many Jewish publications do you subscribe to weekly?
One  
 43%  [ 19 ]
Two  
 34%  [ 15 ]
Three  
 11%  [ 5 ]
Four  
 9%  [ 4 ]
Five  
 0%  [ 0 ]
Six  
 2%  [ 1 ]
Seven and Up  
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 44

mirror

Post Mon, Dec 19 2011, 7:26 pm
I can't believe how many Jewish publications there are: Binah; Mishpacha; Ami; Hamodia; Yated; The Jewish Press; The Jewish Week; The Jerusalem Post, etc.

I'm just curious: How many Jewish publications do you subscribe to each week? If possible, please respond which ones and how you chose them.

Maya

Post Mon, Dec 19 2011, 7:33 pm
The Mishpacah, because I got the subscription as a gift.

MGmom

Post Mon, Dec 19 2011, 7:35 pm
I am not subscribed. Every week I get one or two of sumthing else...

Tova

Post Mon, Dec 19 2011, 7:38 pm
Two - Binah and Yated. Yated we don't pay for - my in-laws always renew a subscription for us when they renew theirs. If they didn't pay for our Yated subscription I'd probably subscribe to Hamodia. But no point to get both.

Regarding the glossy magazines, I chose Binah over Mishpacha because it's much cheaper (especially for OOT subscriptions; it's also only 2 magazines, women's and kids, versus Mishpacha which has the third main one) and several years ago when I was deciding, Mishpacha did not do Family First every week. The women's supplement was just periodically. So I liked having a "women's magazine." I get Mishpacha around the yamim tovim time. Ami I liked at first and bought the beginning issues but lately I've found the quality really decreased and I haven't bought it in several months aside from the Succos issue.

tikva18

Post Mon, Dec 19 2011, 7:40 pm
Hamodia and Binah - however, I'm behind on reading both. I was contemplating subscribing to the Tzaddik Magazine - but I don't think that's weekly. I'd love to have more to read, but realistically I'm probably where I should be considering I'm behind.

Simple1

Post Mon, Dec 19 2011, 7:46 pm
MGmom wrote:
I am not subscribed.

Same here. You didn't have an option for that.

We buy the Yated often but skip weeks here and there. The magazines I often buy for Y"T when I want a lot of reading material and they're usually packed with supplements; I also buy them once in a long while if I'm in the mood.

IMHopinion

Post Mon, Dec 19 2011, 7:53 pm
I buy the hamodia cuz I'm not a big reader.
So this is perfect for me- has the right amount of news and reading in one.

Whatever they publish in their magazine is highly amazing in quality and interest.
I really enjoy it.

Mama Bear

Post Mon, Dec 19 2011, 7:59 pm
At this point I buy the binah, mishpacha, ami and hamodia every week, but I only manage to finish mishpacha and MAYBE Binah! I buybthe other 2 only for the serials and since the seials in ami are finished, I'm just waiting for the 2serials iN AIM to finish so I can stop buying a I til I'm all caught up. When the 2 hamodia serials finish 'll stop buying that too for the ti e being.. I have a YEAR of unread hamodias!!

frimamom

Post Mon, Dec 19 2011, 8:04 pm
why isnt there a none option?

bigprincess

Post Mon, Dec 19 2011, 8:17 pm
frimamom wrote:
why isnt there a none option?

I also don't subscribe to anything. I flip through the Mishpacha, Binah and Ami at my mothers house.

Barbs

Post Mon, Dec 19 2011, 8:18 pm
Subscribed to Binah and buy the Ami every week.
Sukkos, Purim and Pesach I go buy the Mishpacha.
I never buy the newspapers.

Laughing Bag!

Post Mon, Dec 19 2011, 9:14 pm
im not subscribed to anything ( I want to though) but I buy the BINAH every week No Fail! Smile

Happy18

Post Mon, Dec 19 2011, 9:29 pm
Mishpacha

Isramom8

Post Tue, Dec 20 2011, 12:22 am
Hamodia and Zarkor (Spotlight), for more than a decade. I live in a place where I don't see Chareidi publications in the stores, so I want to have one arriving at my home weekly, and Hamodia works for that, with both news and social features. There is always at least one kid in our family who loves the Zarkor!

shabbatiscoming

Post Tue, Dec 20 2011, 12:39 am
Jerusalem Post is a Jewish publication??

I buy that for the shabbat edition and periodically I buy Zman magazine.

I dont subscribe to any of those other Jewish publications.

buzz

Post Tue, Dec 20 2011, 2:06 am
ahh.. none???

Where was that option?

pina colada

Post Tue, Dec 20 2011, 3:50 am
mishpacha, ami, yated-my kids love the yated center
I don't subscribe but buy try to buy the above weekly

yo'ma

Post Tue, Dec 20 2011, 4:23 am
none

I don't know if they send here, but I wouldn't even if they did. If I lived where I could, I wouldn't subscribe anyway. I would buy a paper once in awhile or visit my sister and read hers Wink .

sarahd

Post Tue, Dec 20 2011, 5:10 am
I subscribe to two papers, the local one (to be up on the local news, sales and mazel tovs) and Mishpacha (because I find it fairly interesting.) I would have subscribed to Hamodia instead of Mishpacha, but my SIL gets it and gives it to me, so no sense in paying twice, even if the news is two months old by the time I read it.

intrigued

Post Tue, Dec 20 2011, 5:56 am
We don't subscribe but buy every week the Mishpacha and Ami. We also get the Zman once a month.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room