Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
New jewish books

newcomer

Post Sun, Feb 12 2012, 10:33 am
getting really desperate for new reading material. anyone in the publishing field know of any upcoming jewish books that will be coming out??

thatslife

Post Sun, Mar 11 2012, 11:04 am
bump desperate for books for peasch !!!

September June

Post Sun, Mar 11 2012, 11:11 am
This is America by Henge Meyer
Perspectives of the Magid by Rabbi Paysach Krohn
New biography of R Nosson Tzvi Finkel written by his mother

zigi

Post Sun, Mar 11 2012, 11:18 am
chasing illusions by devorah weiner. I read the excerpt from country yossi magazine. it seemed interesting

realeez

Post Mon, Mar 12 2012, 12:46 pm
zigi wrote:
chasing illusions by devorah weiner. I read the excerpt from country yossi magazine. it seemed interesting

I read it - it's really interesting and an original topic but I wasn't so crazy about the style. It was sort of like diary form of the 3 main characters but there was barely any conversation in the book more thoughts. I would still recommend it but just sayin'...

Tova

Post Mon, Mar 12 2012, 12:48 pm
I read it and hated it. It REALLY leaves you hanging. I was also really annoyed at the husband's reaction when his wife - who works full time while he learns - bought some takeout for Shabbos.

realeez

Post Mon, Mar 12 2012, 12:59 pm
Tova wrote:
I read it and hated it. It REALLY leaves you hanging. I was also really annoyed at the husband's reaction when his wife - who works full time while he learns - bought some takeout for Shabbos.

I took that as yet another thing he had to sacrifice for the job he didn't want her to have.

OOTBubby

Post Mon, Mar 12 2012, 1:04 pm
zigi wrote:

I really disliked it. The characters were very immature and the whole plot was ridiculous.

tsiggelle

Post Mon, Mar 12 2012, 2:50 pm
I liked chasing illusions.

I like reading about emotions (except for evil). there was a lot of that there. perfect for me. I also liked the way it ended, not as a happy forever and ever, but in the process

EmesOrNT

Post Mon, Mar 12 2012, 2:53 pm
A new book called Tip of the Iceberg is coming out before pesach, about the titanic.

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Mar 12 2012, 7:59 pm
realeez wrote:
zigi wrote:

I read it - it's really interesting and an original topic but I wasn't so crazy about the style. It was sort of like diary form of the 3 main characters but there was barely any conversation in the book more thoughts. I would still recommend it but just sayin'...

Three characters? How innovative! I thought the formula was always four friends, maybe for the four winds...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room