Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Booster chair or high chair?

ChaniH

Post Sun, Jan 01 2012, 12:37 pm
whats better for a 4 month old baby?

yo'ma

Post Sun, Jan 01 2012, 2:07 pm
If you have a booster chair that can recline, then it's up to you whichever you prefer. A highchair takes up more space, but a booster uses a chair.

seeker

Post Sun, Jan 01 2012, 2:20 pm
A regular booster seat wouldn't be good for a 4-month-old because they need more support, but if you don't have space for a full size high chair or want to do double duty instead of spending twice, consider something like this: http://www.amazon.com/gp/produ.....OWAK8

I have no idea why it's so expensive on Amazon now, but they are pretty common to find for $40 or less (I think I spent around $30? But that was a bit of a metzia) especially if you're not picky about the color. Check websites like nobetterdeal.com or closeout stores, because they come out with new cover patterns every year and then clearance the old ones.

I have this and am very happy with it. It does take up a chair but as a couple with one child and infrequent guests we could spare the chair more than we could spare the space and money for a full-size high chair. DD is over 1 now and we got it when she was around 4 months, it's holding up well and seems comfortable for her at all stages. We like it better than the full-size high chair she uses by my mother's house.

yo'ma

Post Sun, Jan 01 2012, 2:23 pm
Seeker, that's what I consider a booster.

EmesOrNT

Post Sun, Jan 01 2012, 2:25 pm
Up until my 3rd baby, I used a booster chair because I didnt have space. Now, I have tons of space, so I was able to get a high chair. I bought a booster for my mothers house - the same one I used for my other two kids.

Web Page Name

It reclines, the tray goes all the way up to the babies chest, and its easy to clean.

ChaniH

Post Sun, Jan 01 2012, 6:04 pm
yo'ma - thats what ment when I said booster and ya I saw the same one one toys r us for 50 so im sure I can find it for even less in zellars or ebay, so you think this is just as good as a regular high chair?

chocolate chips

Post Sun, Jan 01 2012, 6:17 pm
At 4 months my baby was in a high chair, it takes up loads of room but I got it for free from someone, on lend so why not. It is better for him because it reclines etc. Now since he can sit up alone, and in the highchair sitting up he can literally climb out of the straps (they are not amazing) I want to go for the booster chair as it takes up less room.

If your baby cannot support herself totally, a booster chair is not so great since it doesnt give enough support.

seeker

Post Sun, Jan 01 2012, 6:32 pm
The FP Space Saver is definitely as good as a regular high chair, I have used both and I actually like the Space Saver better (unless you have more space than chairs. Also if you have more space you might prefer a high chair with wheels)

Don't know about reclining boosters from other brands, whether they're as good.

Even if a baby is supporting herself well, a high chair is still good for a while. I tried using mine in the booster mode once when Dd was already sitting very capably, but she still didn't do as well without the option of leaning back and the five-point harness (she was turning herself around all the way...)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics