Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Toeing out

happy2beme

Post Mon, Jan 02 2012, 5:38 am
My son walks toeing out, like a duck. He is 6 1/2 yrs old. We took him to a pediatric orthopaedist. The dr said we should get the shoes with a bar attached called the Dennis brown bar. This dr is in his 80's. I'm nervous that this practice is outdated. Does anyone have info on this? Anyone have a child walk like this? I tried googling it but nothing helpful came up.
Thx

ysydmom

Post Mon, Jan 02 2012, 6:57 am
My dd has the same issue the Dr. we took her to when she first started walking told us not to do anything as long as nothing is out of place there is nothing to do except for surgery if someone really wanted to. Can you get a second opinion? I plan on taking dd for one shortly as it's now 5 years later and just want to keep an eye on it. The Dr. said that it shouldn't affect dd at all as lots of people have it and are successful even with a toe out.

ysydmom

Post Mon, Jan 02 2012, 6:57 am
My dd has the same issue the Dr. we took her to when she first started walking told us not to do anything as long as nothing is out of place there is nothing to do except for surgery if someone really wanted to. Can you get a second opinion? I plan on taking dd for one shortly as it's now 5 years later and just want to keep an eye on it. The Dr. said that it shouldn't affect dd at all as lots of people have it and are successful even with a toe out.

happy2beme

Post Tue, Jan 03 2012, 9:54 pm
Thx
Anyone else have experience with this?

amother

Post Wed, Jan 04 2012, 8:22 am
My ds also and the dr said do nothing, but my brother had a bar as a child and it corrected toeing inward. Where is the old dr located? I would go to him. I really want to correct it and its just like wearing a night brace.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics