Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Help me get rid of a wart
1  2  Next

the chevrah

Post Mon, Jan 02 2012, 10:57 am
How can I get rid of a wart on dc finger that keeps coming back? Any tried remedies that work would be appreciated.

WaterKissed

Post Mon, Jan 02 2012, 10:59 am
Buy Tea Tree oil in the Health Food Store, and keep dabbing some on the wart at every oppurtunity.

fiddle

Post Mon, Jan 02 2012, 11:30 am
duct tape

Barbs

Post Mon, Jan 02 2012, 4:45 pm
fiddle wrote:
duct tape

It only works with aspirin on the wart taped down with duct tape. (worked beautifully with my ds).

You can also try castor oil rubbed on the wart every night or onion juice.

ysydmom

Post Mon, Jan 02 2012, 4:59 pm
Tea Tree oil is the only thing that really works. Just dab it on, if you want some high quality tea tree oil PM me and I can tell you how to get it.

the chevrah

Post Mon, Jan 02 2012, 5:17 pm
Thanks all! we'll give them a try.

YALT

Post Mon, Jan 02 2012, 5:42 pm
I had a wart for the longest time. tried everything. Dr Scholls's products, tea tree oil, duct tape, havdallah wine, nothing worked. After about 6 years I decided to try something really crazy that I had heard from 3 dif ppl from 3 dif parts of the world. And it worked!

Take a piece of meat from your cholent on shabbos and rub it on the wart. Then bury the meat in the ground. As the meat disintegrates, so will the wart. I did that back in 1997. It disappeared (prob within a few weeks?) definitely before the summer. I have not seen it since. That's over 14 years!

lilacdreams

Post Mon, Jan 02 2012, 5:52 pm
my top dermatolagist also told me to spend 5 mins a night imagining the wart going away. I did, it worked on a wart I had had for about 10 years on my foot. Took 2 weeks!!!!

JollyMommy

Post Mon, Jan 02 2012, 8:03 pm
put a tiny piece of duct tape that covers all the edges of the wart and then wrap with a bandaid, leave for 3 days (try not to get wet, if it does take it off and redo it immediately), pick off the wart. if normal skin is under you are finished, if there's still black or white then do another 3 days. will take up to 3 cycles of this but not more.

signed, wart expert!

anonymom

Post Mon, Jan 02 2012, 8:17 pm
I have tried Aldera. It only made a 2nd wart next to the first one. then I tried mediplast which is aspirin on tape. it made both warts bigger. Of all the replies in this thread the only one I take seriously is maybe tea tree oil. So, where can I get it? and does anyone else have a good result?

el2cg

Post Mon, Jan 02 2012, 8:21 pm
my pediatrition recommend compound w. It worked for my dd and for whoever else I recommended it to.

the chevrah

Post Mon, Jan 02 2012, 8:39 pm
Yalt, never heard that one yet! Kinda interesting...... thanks for sharing!

spoons

Post Mon, Jan 02 2012, 8:47 pm
We're trying garlic taped to it on my daughter... so far still there.
I remember when I was little doing the aspirin thing and I think it worked.

Does that meat in ground/thinking it away really work??? amazing if does!

amother

Post Mon, Jan 02 2012, 11:02 pm
Is it molluscan? I put vinegar on a q-tip as well as liquid kyolic, covered it with a band-aid or gauze pad for a few weeks and it helped.

the chevrah

Post Mon, Jan 02 2012, 11:07 pm
[quote="amother"]Is it molluscan? I put vinegar on a q-tip as well as liquid kyolic, covered it with a band-aid or gauze pad for a few weeks and it helped.[/quote what is molluscan? Are there diff types of warts?

YALT

Post Mon, Jan 02 2012, 11:36 pm
spoons wrote:
We're trying garlic taped to it on my daughter... so far still there.
I remember when I was little doing the aspirin thing and I think it worked.

Does that meat in ground/thinking it away really work??? amazing if does!

As I said, I've tried numerous dif things and nothing worked. I finally tried the meat thinking it wouldn't and next thing I knew, the wart was gone. If you want u can come look at my finger. And I can give u the number to my friend who was my roommate that year and knew about what I did.

the chevrah

Post Mon, Jan 02 2012, 11:37 pm
I heard once warts are a virus. Anyone know if it's true?
Is it contagious?

amother

Post Mon, Jan 02 2012, 11:51 pm
the queen wrote:
I heard once warts are a virus. Anyone know if it's true?
Is it contagious?

It is not contagious if everyone who wants immunity buries their cholent meat under a tree.

YALT

Post Mon, Jan 02 2012, 11:54 pm
I'll bet I know who u are, anon. ur mad at me since I discovered ur hypocrisy. well, that was pretty lame.

YALT

Post Mon, Jan 02 2012, 11:56 pm
in response to if it's contagious

there are dif types of warts. Some people just get 1 simple wart somewhere and those are not contagious.

what is contagious are when you get a whole bunch of them. and they keep coming and going. that kind is contagious.

just trying to be helpful.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics