Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers
At home mom feeling unaccomplished

chizuk

Post Mon, Jan 09 2012, 2:50 am
so I have been laid off and now am an at home mom. I love the no pressure to get out, but I am feeling very unaccomplished. any tips on how to feel accomplished while being at home always doing daily chores over an over again.

amother

Post Mon, Jan 09 2012, 5:45 am
it took me years to come to the realization that its all really in your attitude. if you realize youre fulfilling the biggest role of your life, and make that your "career", you feel so much more accomplished. (thats not to say you cant develop a schedule and also do things for yourself, but your attitude is key). I used to resent it, now I embrace it. that has made all the difference.

amother

Post Mon, Jan 09 2012, 4:36 pm
Omg! The OP could be me! I have worked part time for years with help in the house & got laid off a few months ago. My life has changed so much! No more help at all, no more being with pple. I still have no structure ie. Don't know when to do laundry, clean up, clean bathrooms. I'm having a very hard time keeping up with the housework. The days fly by & I feel like I've done nothing worthwhile. I can't work right now due to a child of mines health issues.
Just venting I guess cz don't know if there's anything else I can do right now

TwinsMommy

Post Mon, Jan 09 2012, 7:55 pm
well you posted in WORK at home moms---- have you considered working? working at home? you could make plenty of money and feel accomplished.

If I weren't working, I'd feel guilty about the laundry piling up or the housework not being on a strict schedule but since I'm with the kids all day and working in the evening, housework gets done when I darn well feel like it-- I feel accomplished since I'm bringing in income and not guilty about chores.

If you don't want to work, then treat your housework LIKE a business--- force yourself into a schedule and give yourself treats for accomplishing your schedule. Monday laundry all done? Time for your Monday imamother break. Tuesday dishes done? Time to call your friend. Smile

gold21

Post Mon, Jan 09 2012, 8:42 pm
it is really hard.

its so important to 1. get out, 2. fulfill social needs, 3. fulfill intellectual needs.

so,
1. is there anything you would like to learn or brush up on, to help you in your career? for example, maybe you would love to specialize in a certain area within your field, or you want to update yourself on new technology. take a course on it.
2. is there a hobby of yours that you think you could be good at, and has the potential to be lucrative? like sewing, makeup, shaitels, or whatever. take a course on it.

you may prefer not to have to spend money on courses or whatever, but if you are investing in things that could be financially helpful in the long run, maybe you can make it work. and it can really help your sanity.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers