Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
How does Tablet K (R' Safra) compare to OU, OK and Star K?

amother

Post Mon, Jan 02 2012, 11:08 pm
I eat in restaurants with the OU, OK and Star K Hashgacha, but I came across a restaurant that looks and sounds interesting with Tablet K Hashgacha (Rabbi Safra, Lawrence). I dont know anything about Tablet K Hashgacha. Is it in a totally different league? Those who eat in OU, OK and Star K, would you eat in a Tablet K establishment? Id call my Rov but I doubt he'd be familiar with what sounds like a Sfardi Hechsher.

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Tue, Jan 03 2012, 12:34 am
Call your rov! If he's not familiar with it, he'll know where to find out what he needs to know about it in one or 2 minutes!

Tweedy

Post Tue, Jan 03 2012, 12:57 am
We have lots of Products here with Tablet K and when wie asked our Rav he Said its Not a Good One!

sped

Post Tue, Jan 03 2012, 1:11 am
This was years ago,m but I know that when I saw one, my (very) Modern Orthodox friend I was with said it's not considerd an acceptable hechsher.

rain

Post Tue, Jan 03 2012, 9:45 pm
I dont eat it

September June

Post Tue, Jan 03 2012, 9:48 pm
Our rav also said that it is not a reliable hechsher.

chanahlady

Post Wed, Jan 04 2012, 10:46 pm
Not ok, according to our very MO rav.

WriterMom

Post Wed, Jan 04 2012, 10:54 pm
Ditto. It's one of only two hechshers that the shul's rav(s) have said are not acceptable.

nylon

Post Thu, Jan 05 2012, 8:43 am
Same.

Specifically, I have heard that they do not adequately separate kosher and nonkosher lines and there is no mashgiach present. WRT their cheese they do not demand that an observant Jew add the rennet (Cabot also says the OU comes a lot more often than Tablet-K did).

Also, I read on a blog that even the Conservative Rabbinical Assembly recommends against the Tablet-K.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen