Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Child & Baby Products
Whats the diff bet a high back booster and regular booster?

Twizzlers

Post Mon, Jan 09 2012, 10:59 pm
...safety wise? My tall 5 year old is in a high back booster (graco,) but I need to purchase 1-2 spares since I sometimes have other people doing carpool for me and I cant always give them my seat. the regular boosters are so much cheaper, and I was wondering if it really made any difference assuming the belt would hit in the right spot without the positioner?

yksraya

Post Mon, Jan 09 2012, 11:01 pm
regular boosters are for toddlers and the high back for older kids who legally still need a car seat.

the world's best mom

Post Tue, Jan 10 2012, 9:06 am
High back boosters are not for kids who legally still need a carseat, unless it has a five point harness. If you use any booster with a seat belt and no 5 point harness for a kid who is too young, you are endagering your child's life.

High back boosters are considered safer, I'm not sure why though. My big 6 year old has a low back, but I made sure to buy my petite 5 year old a high back one because they are known to be safer. However, I would not worry about spare ones. The low back ones are so much easier to move around, and they're cheaper too.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, Jan 10 2012, 9:28 am
High backs can help the neck in case of a side crash if the wings have side impact protection.

For backup boosters, if your child is mature enough to sit in a booster, I would be ok with backless.

My 6.5 year old is in a Recaro Vivo full time; for spare (carpools, etc) he's in a Harmony backless.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics