Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names
How do you call your children?

Beyla

Post Tue, Oct 15 2013, 11:40 am
How do you call your children??

By their names?
All their names?
A nickname?
A pet name?

Just wondering.

Ruchel

Post Tue, Oct 15 2013, 11:46 am
Nickname or pet name.
Alter heim style, where no one used the real full name Wink

bubbebia

Post Tue, Oct 15 2013, 11:48 am
All our kids are called by a family nickname. If their full proper names were being used, they were in deep doodoo.

Marion

Post Tue, Oct 15 2013, 11:52 am
All of the above on any given occasion?

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Oct 15 2013, 11:53 am
All of the above, it just depends on my mood.

There are certain nicknames that she has started insisting that we don't use when her friends are around, though.

"Miss Boo" "Punkin" etc. Tongue Out

Beyla

Post Tue, Oct 15 2013, 11:53 am
Ruchel wrote:
Nickname or pet name.
Alter heim style, where no one used the real full name Wink

Smile Same here!

yo'ma

Post Tue, Oct 15 2013, 12:05 pm
Pet name or whole name.
All my kids have only one name and most are short. That doesnt mean much though because I call my nieces and nephews by their full name and everyone else calls them by their nickname.

RachelEve14

Post Tue, Oct 15 2013, 12:26 pm
Full name. A few have nicknames, but we are makpid to use the full name.

morah

Post Tue, Oct 15 2013, 12:35 pm
Both my kids have names that are commonly shortened (for example, many Eliezers go by Eli). DH and I use the full name (just the first, not the middle usually) because we love the name we picked and enjoy using them in full form. However, since they are longish, most family members use the common nicknames- and hey, when they're old enough, they may choose to do so anyway. We hope they won't, but accept as a possibility. But yeah, full names for us!

Post Tue, Oct 15 2013, 12:52 pm
Their full names, deminutives of their full name and nicknames which have nothing to do with their names.

blini

Post Tue, Oct 15 2013, 1:09 pm
Whatever gets them to pay attention the quickest.

observer

Post Tue, Oct 15 2013, 1:12 pm
their whole names

amother

Post Tue, Oct 15 2013, 1:17 pm
My dad calls us "gorgeous #1", "gorgeous #2", and "gorgeous #3". I love my dad!

I call the kids by their nicknames, but in school they go by their real names. They have really weird nicknames!

Sanguine

Post Tue, Oct 15 2013, 1:38 pm
By their last name

Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter

Here's the joke (a little raunchy embarrassed) - The social worker goes to the Puerto Rican family's house. There are lots of (dirty) kids running around. The mother tells her they're all hers. She points to one kid and asks the mother what his name is. She says Jose'. She points to another and asks the mother what his name is. She says Jose'. She points to another and asks the mother what his name is. She says Jose'... After she points to half a dozen kids and the mother tells her each one is Jose'. The social worker asks - if they're all named J'ose how do you call one kid if you want them? No problem, she says, I call them by their last name.
Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter

Seriously, all my sons' friends call each other by their last names (HS). Then I pick up the phone and a kid says "Is Cohen there"? Which Cohen do they want? Do you think they mean me? Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter

Doesn't seem to matter what I name I call my sons, no one else seems to use their name

Sanguine

Post Tue, Oct 15 2013, 1:40 pm
By their last name

Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter

Here's the joke (a little raunchy embarrassed) - The social worker goes to the Puerto Rican family's house. There are lots of (dirty) kids running around. The mother tells her they're all hers. She points to one kid and asks the mother what his name is. She says Jose'. She points to another and asks the mother what his name is. She says Jose'. She points to another and asks the mother what his name is. She says Jose'... After she points to half a dozen kids and the mother tells her each one is Jose'. The social worker asks - if they're all named J'ose how do you call one kid if you want him? No problem, she says, I call them by their last name.
Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter

Seriously, all my sons' friends call each other by their last names (HS). Then I pick up the phone and a kid says "Is Cohen there"? Which Cohen do they want? Do you think they mean me? Rolling Laughter

Doesn't seem to matter what name I call my sons, no one else seems to use their name

PAMOM

Post Tue, Oct 15 2013, 1:56 pm
Really Sanguine? You just had to share your joke?

Beyla

Post Wed, Oct 16 2013, 11:53 am
PAMOM wrote:
Really Sanguine? You just had to share your joke?

???
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names