Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
ISO amazing gefilte fish recipe to make this shabbos!

ellie23

Post Wed, Jan 18 2012, 8:26 am
my husband loves a good gefilte fish and ive made some great ones...but lately, I have not been impressed with mine at all! I need a foolproof recipe that comes out great every time and is tough to screw up! I hate when the fish has a watery or too stiff texture the texture must be soft without falling apart or something.....not looking for recipes that are spicey or tomatoey....more of a very traditional type of recipe- simple and easy! thank you so much!

kb

Post Wed, Jan 18 2012, 8:43 am
I assume you mean gefilte fish from scratch, right? Or do you mean amounts of water and spices and stuff to add to a frozen roll?

ellie23

Post Wed, Jan 18 2012, 9:08 am
kb wrote:
I assume you mean gefilte fish from scratch, right? Or do you mean amounts of water and spices and stuff to add to a frozen roll?

sorry I meant the frozen roll

israel22

Post Wed, Jan 18 2012, 9:20 am
so I have 2 one simple and and a second one also simple but bit more patchke.
1)slice an onion unroll fish and put on top of onion sprinkle salt,pepper, sugar cover and bake for an 1hour or so (til looks ready) perfect every time!
2) saute a sliced onion and tomato in olive oil. put a little olive oil in pan put fishon top put sauted vegis on top of fish bake 15-30 min uncovered ad then 1hour covered
YUM!!!!!!!
EnjoY! I like the no pot thing one less thing to wash!

kb

Post Wed, Jan 18 2012, 9:20 am
So then it's very easy. Cook up a roll with one onion, 5 Tbsp sugar, 2 tsp salt, and some pepper.
Boil water, add ingredients and frozen loaf (I use Unger's) and cook - I'm not sure how long - I think about an hour.

mosma

Post Wed, Jan 18 2012, 9:31 am
for regular gefilte fish, I put it in a pot with mrs dash and some sugar, some dried minced onions, and water, and cook on low for about an hour and a half.

for an extra special one, I saute onions and then strips of red, orange, and yellow peppers. then when it's soft, add a half a cup of ketchup and some salt, pepper, garlic powder. unwrap the fish (defrost a few min first so you can) and put it in an aluminum pan pour the ketchup sauce on top and cover. bake on 350 for an hour and a half. everyone LOVES this one and it's good warm or cold. and it looks really pretty on the platter.

mizle10

Post Wed, Jan 18 2012, 9:34 am
I boil up an onion, 3 carrots, 1 tsp salt and a cup of sugar. Cook for 1 hr.

mosma

Post Wed, Jan 18 2012, 9:47 am
mosma wrote:
for regular gefilte fish, I put it in a pot with mrs dash and some sugar, some dried minced onions, and water, and cook on low for about an hour and a half.

for an extra special one, I saute onions and then strips of red, orange, and yellow peppers. then when it's soft, add a half a cup of ketchup and some salt, pepper, garlic powder. unwrap the fish (defrost a few min first so you can) and put it in an aluminum pan pour the ketchup sauce on top and cover. bake on 350 for an hour and a half. everyone LOVES this one and it's good warm or cold. and it looks really pretty on the platter.

oh yes, for the regular fish, I add either a sliced carrot or some baby carrots
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen