Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
What's your most common method for serving veggies?

What's your most common method for serving veggies?
raw, plain  
 15%  [ 11 ]
salads  
 36%  [ 26 ]
boiled / steamed  
 11%  [ 8 ]
stir fried / sauteed  
 6%  [ 5 ]
roasted / grilled / baked  
 30%  [ 22 ]
kugels  
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 72

pobody's nerfect

Post Thu, Dec 27 2012, 11:09 pm
After looking over my menus, both weekday and shabbos, I noticed that I roast a lot of veggies (even from frozen)! it's basically my go-to method for cooking them. I was curious what other people notice about their own trends!

spring13

Post Thu, Dec 27 2012, 11:12 pm
I roast All the Veg too. It's easy, takes fewer dishes to prepare than other ways, and usually tastes really good.

yummydd

Post Thu, Dec 27 2012, 11:58 pm
I also roast them. I am the only one eating them here so its the easiest way and is really good.

oliveoil

Post Fri, Dec 28 2012, 5:43 am
A lot of salad and a lot of roasting. I think roasting makes cooked veggies taste the best.

Amital

Post Fri, Dec 28 2012, 9:43 am
Raw - for the kids at least, and they outnumber us. Sometimes roasted, rarely steamed, occasionally stir fried. But at least once a day raw.

yo'ma

Post Fri, Dec 28 2012, 3:20 pm
It really depends on what kind of vegetable.

avocado

Post Sun, Dec 30 2012, 6:34 am
During the week we usually serve veg plain, raw, but on Shabbat either cooked or in salads - usually Friday night will have cooked veg and/or kugel and Shabbat lunch also a cooked veg and/or kugel and an array of salads.

bluebird

Post Sun, Dec 30 2012, 9:06 pm
It depends on the type of vegetable. Some are better with certain types of cooking.

Root vegetables: roasted/baked. Sometimes is booked if I'm going to mash them, but usually baked.

Greens: raw for iceberg, romaine, arugula, and others that are good raw. I steam or stir-fry tougher greens like collards or kale. Spinach is in the middle and I prepare it many different ways depending on what they're going into.

seeker

Post Sun, Dec 30 2012, 9:52 pm
I change it up a lot, though I tend to do certain vegetables the same each time. I steam, boil, roast, cut-n-dip, salad a little less often

working mom

Post Sun, Dec 30 2012, 10:33 pm
The only vegetable my kids like is frozen broccoli florets from the microwave. I sprinkle some oil and put it in the microwave for about 20 min. or until they burn a bit.

sunflower919

Post Mon, Dec 31 2012, 12:10 pm
Roasted during the week and raw salad on shabbos.

Yoshy

Post Tue, Jan 01 2013, 2:24 am
Depends on the vegetable. Most of what I eat is salad stuff (cucumbers, lettuce, peppers, carrots, and cherry tomatoes), but I also love peas of various types, (usually they start off frozen) which I usually do in the microwave, and then sprinkle with salt and vinegar.

I often do roasted for Shabbat, with a drizzle of olive oil, garlic and kosher salt.

chocolate chips

Post Tue, Jan 01 2013, 10:17 am
Usually I make a salad.
If not then I roast them.

Very occasionally I steam them.

justforfun87

Post Tue, Jan 01 2013, 11:20 am
Roasting frozen vegetables? How do you manage that? Would love to learn as our freezer is always loaded with frozen veggies.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics