Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Poconos -great wolf lodge

cute mommy

Post Thu, Jan 19 2012, 5:07 pm
hi so we planned a short trip next week to the poconos, to the great wolf lodge resort. we are very excited. we have b'h 3 girls. so wanted to ask anyone here who ever went what is recommended we take along to our trip, such as special type of clothing , food, do we have to take an ear or water kettle, electric grill, what kind of food should we take along. our girls are ages 3 5 and 8. do we need to take along towels? also anyone else going next week? we have been on vacations b4, but never stayed at a lodge b4, so just want to make sure we pack what we need. also is it necessary to take along a sheitel? thanks alot.

Mom23gs

Post Thu, Jan 19 2012, 11:07 pm
Hi! I will be there next week with 3 girls as well. This is our fourth time going. Obviously bathing suits...I bring one for each day, they take a while to dry. If you will walk to and from your room to the water already in suits, bring robes, the hallways are freezing when you are wet. You may want water shoes to prevent slipping. Oherwise dress code is casual They have towels there, no need to bring. There is a starbucks, and a snackshop with plenty of kosher things to choose from, including small milk bottles, BUT prepare to pay...it is all expensive. There is no kosher real food. The kosher experience in teaneck usually delivers at dinnertime, you can call them if interested. The rooms have microwaves and small fridges (dorm size). I usually bring my own stuff, my kids like milchig so they can eat better snacks, so I make pasta and bring it with some cheeses and jar of sauce. There is pricey food and drink poolside too. They give you the option if encoding your credit card info into your room key, which is bracelet attached to your wrist, to make food easier to purchase poolside. Bring tons of snacks, juce / water and sandwich stuff for lunch. There are plenty of lounge chairs and tables. Wth chairs to keep your stuff on. There will be tons of frum people there next week, with all types of head coverings, so wear what you feel comfortable in and easy to manage. No cooking other than microwaves allowed in rooms.
Have fun!

cute mommy

Post Thu, Jan 19 2012, 11:35 pm
thanks so much for getting back to me. which days r u going? we r arriving sunday leaving tuesday. we are paying close to 1000 dollars to stay these days , I know it sounds very pricey- but they had no cheaper rooms available and we called last minute, can I ask how much u guys r paying? so u mean I can call from the hotel and order from kosher experience the same day I want dinner or much in advance? thanks alot

Mom23gs

Post Thu, Jan 19 2012, 11:53 pm
We are arriving on tuesday, leaving wednesday. I would call kosher experience tomorrow ana ask how it works, I have never done it bec. My kids wont eat it. You are paying alot...what type of room? I had a coupon that brought my rate down significantly.

cute mommy

Post Fri, Jan 20 2012, 12:00 am
Hi well we called last minute and only the expensive suites were available can I ask how much u r paying where can I find coupon and thanks for letting me know bout kosher experience

amother

Post Fri, Jan 20 2012, 10:07 am
where can I get a coupon for great wolf lodge? looking to go presidents week?

cute mommy

Post Fri, Jan 20 2012, 12:59 pm
hi if u book by today u get 15off-good luck! u can try befriending them on face book and then maybe they will send out promo discount codes.

gabriell82

Post Sun, Jan 22 2012, 7:06 pm
were also going next week mon tues. So cute that so many ppl are going.

shanie5

Post Sun, Jan 22 2012, 11:21 pm
Its what I call poconos week. Happens during midwinter break and also after camp ends and before school starts. As ML in the nearest mikvah, I usually get a few extra 'visitors' those weeks. If anybody ends up coming to 'visit' me, just say "I know u from imamother".

amother

Post Mon, Jan 23 2012, 12:30 pm
Is there going to be seperate swim at any point? Please let me know thanks.

cute mommy

Post Wed, Jan 25 2012, 1:15 pm
hi we had a great time, came home last night. hope you guys who were there also enjoyed themselves. and no there is no separate swiiming, even though so many jews come this week its not a jewish place, you just see many women wearing skirts and tshirts in the water.

amother

Post Wed, Jan 25 2012, 1:18 pm
wanna do cove haven.planning to book today by 4.00 pm.can anyone please share coupons or discounts. tia!!

flowerpower

Post Tue, Jan 31 2012, 10:17 am
We would like to go one of these days-anyone know where I can get a coupon?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics