Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Painting and getting new verticals...what to do first?

amother

Post Mon, Nov 07 2011, 8:38 pm
I ordered new verticals for the front room and the sales person said it would be a good idea to paint the room before they install the new verticals. My question is, I have a large picture window and we live on a busy block. What's the best way to keep the windows covered between the time it takes to paint and until the paint is totally dry and the verticals are installed. We live on a busy street and don't want everyone walking down the block to be able to look inside the window, especially at night. Any advice? The way we see it, it might be a couple of weeks from when we start painting until the verticles are installed. Help!

Mimisinger

Post Mon, Nov 07 2011, 9:51 pm
go to home depot and buy their cheap paper curtains.

Mimisinger

Post Mon, Nov 07 2011, 9:54 pm
they stick on the window or outside of the window.

mfb

Post Mon, Nov 07 2011, 9:57 pm
Mimisinger wrote:
go to home depot and buy their cheap paper curtains.

we used these for over a year until we put together the money for proper curtains
I also live facing a very busy avenue and street

amother

Post Mon, Nov 07 2011, 10:25 pm
Any idea about how much they would cost? This idea sounds amazing and I really appreciate your taking the time to respond to my question. I was really so depressed trying to figure out where to go from here. Also, I only wanted verticals now and maybe to save for a painting before Pesach time. But the salesperson was so insistent that I should do things in the right order, until I began feeling totally overwhelmed...and the more I think about it, Pesach is coming soon enough anyway, iy"H.

ra_mom

Post Mon, Nov 07 2011, 10:35 pm
They cost $5 a piece, and they are wonderful.
The store you ordered the verticals from should carry these temporary blinds as well.

amother

Post Tue, Nov 08 2011, 12:17 am
Funny the salesperson never mentioned the temp blinds to me when I sounded overwhelmed about leaving my windows uncovered and exposed to strangers in the neighborhood! Also, would anyone happen to know if there is a link where I can see these paper blinds/curtains online?

amother

Post Tue, Nov 08 2011, 6:40 am
B U M P

Kumphort

Post Tue, Nov 08 2011, 7:55 am
http://www.homedepot.com/webap....._MODE|0

ra_mom

Post Tue, Nov 08 2011, 5:47 pm
amother wrote:
Funny the salesperson never mentioned the temp blinds to me when I sounded overwhelmed about leaving my windows uncovered and exposed to strangers in the neighborhood! Also, would anyone happen to know if there is a link where I can see these paper blinds/curtains online?
Here you go.
http://www.lowes.com/pd_234121.....Info=
(they're not room darkeners, so if you're using them for a bedroom and don't like the sun shining in, get the room darkener ones (they're not as pretty)

amother

Post Thu, Apr 18 2013, 9:40 pm
Are vertical blinds considered in style now? I am looking for blinds and I see that most people are getting horizontal faux wood blinds. Is that because they are more in style or cheaper?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics