Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs
Here's something you can do to help Chaim Dovid Ben Necha
1  2  3  4  Next

the world's best mom

Post Thu, Jan 19 2012, 5:57 pm
Chaim Dovid had surgery last week to remove the tumor from his chest, and it was all scar tissue. But now, his tumor markers are up again and they found 3 new tumors in his chest. The plan is to do surgery AGAIN (for the 3rd time) and then begin chemo again (also for the 3rd time). There is a 10 percent chance that it will help. Sad

A bunch of people and I are taking upon ourselves to try to light Shabbos candles a little early this week in his z'chus. Ten minutes early would be great, but if that's too hard, every extra minute is a special thing. This has been done a number of times for other causes, and has often been successful. Anyone who would like to help out would be doing us a big favor.

TIA. May we hear only B'suros Tovos.

Skippy!!

Post Thu, Jan 19 2012, 6:08 pm
Refuah Shelaima!
I will definitely try.

ahuvah4

Post Thu, Jan 19 2012, 6:17 pm
I'm in bli neder. Refuah shleima

rain

Post Thu, Jan 19 2012, 7:14 pm
imyh im in, bli neder

iluvy

Post Thu, Jan 19 2012, 7:16 pm
I'll try. Refuah Shelaimah!

Twinklejoy

Post Thu, Jan 19 2012, 8:30 pm
Will try. Refuah Sheleima! ( I was really expecting a remission kind of update. Sad

gold21

Post Thu, Jan 19 2012, 8:53 pm
ok, Beezras Hashem, I will do that.

Besuros Tovos

yaelinIN

Post Thu, Jan 19 2012, 8:56 pm
bli neder I will try too. Besoros tovos!

Dolly Welsh

Post Thu, Jan 19 2012, 8:57 pm
Will do, and will have him in mind.

seeker

Post Thu, Jan 19 2012, 10:09 pm
Oh dang, I am SO SO SO SO SO SO sorry to hear about the new tumors :-(

I know I can do it, if I can be ready in time then I can be ready earlier - after all, last week lighting was earlier than this week!

sped

Post Thu, Jan 19 2012, 10:12 pm
I will bez"H try. Hopefully the effort is worth a lot too.

sarahd

Post Thu, Jan 19 2012, 10:52 pm
Will do my very best. Will also iy"h daven for him at licht-bentchen.

karen berzon

Post Fri, Jan 20 2012, 2:30 am
I will TRY!!
Tiffany, I continue to think about you, daven for Chaim Dovid and wait for the day that you will update us with good news.

Isramom8

Post Fri, Jan 20 2012, 2:38 am
Thinking of him. If I can light early without stress, bli neder...

sarahd

Post Fri, Jan 20 2012, 3:58 am
the world's best mom wrote:
Chaim Dovid had surgery last week to remove the tumor from his chest, and it was all scar tissue. But now, his tumor markers are up again and they found 3 new tumors in his chest. The plan is to do surgery AGAIN (for the 3rd time) and then begin chemo again (also for the 3rd time). There is a 10 percent chance that it will help. Sad

Statistics are irrelevant when it comes to Yidden. We are lemala min hamazal. Also, remember that Chaim Dovid seems to always be in the 10%. This time, may it be letova!

markmywords

Post Fri, Jan 20 2012, 4:42 am
Most definitely, I will bli Nederland work hard to light early.
Maybe we can form a tehillim group, 150 women who say one kapitel each per day?

exaustedmom

Post Fri, Jan 20 2012, 5:44 am
Bli Neder, I will light the candles earlier this shabbos for the zchus of Chaim Dovid. May he have a refuah shleima

the world's best mom

Post Fri, Jan 20 2012, 6:40 am
Wow! Thanks everyone for all the replies. It's great to see how many people are willing to do something extra for a person they don't even know.

Twinklejoy wrote:
Will try. Refuah Sheleima! ( I was really expecting a remission kind of update. Sad
We were all hoping for it. You can imagine our shock when the tumor markers went up 2 days after the surgery. And then again when they said the tumors were in the same place as the old one and they have to repeat the surgery. I mean, they just DID the surgery! They have to wait for him to recover enough from the last one before they can do it all over again. It makes recovery so much more pleasant to know it's only so they can do it again. Confused

So far the only time Chaim Dovid has been in that 10% was the first time, when we assumed he would be cured easily like the other 90%. The second time, we were hoping, and it looked like it may happen, but we knew that we can't take anything for granted this time.

At least there is still some hope. The doctor in Indianapolis wouldn't do any more treatment now. He said after the second time, there's no more they can do. Luckily, the doctor here is going to try all he can.

flowerpower

Post Fri, Jan 20 2012, 6:48 am
I'm in. I hope he has a very speedy recovery.

bravo

Post Fri, Jan 20 2012, 7:25 am
hope to do so too!!! refua shleima!!!!!
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics