Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs
Here's something you can do to help Chaim Dovid Ben Necha
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

saralem

Post Fri, Jan 20 2012, 9:15 am
bli neder--will try--and will try to have my dtrs and dtr-in-law do so. refuah shlaimah

shanie5

Post Sat, Jan 21 2012, 8:03 pm
My dds and I lit about 8 1/2 minutes early with Chaim Dovid ben Necha in mind.

And that is impressive for us-we usually light about 5 minutes after licht benchin time.

seeker

Post Sat, Jan 21 2012, 8:49 pm
I made it somewhere between 5-10 minutes before lighting time. Pretty good for me, I'm usually right on the second, occasionally a minute or two late. Of course this had to be one of those weeks where things kept not going quite right to be ready early... isn't it always like that?!

karen berzon

Post Sun, Jan 22 2012, 1:57 am
I lit about 8 minutes early and of course davened for Chaim Dovid. After the meal, we called in a bunch of neighbors and said the whole sefer tehillim for him. If you post this reminder every Thursday/Friday, hopefully we can all keep this going.

sped

Post Sun, Jan 22 2012, 2:00 am
B"H, Bez"H did it - and I usually light after the time. I amtrying to work on it.

Isramom8

Post Sun, Jan 22 2012, 2:26 am
I made it only 2 minutes before. But I told my family why I was lighting early, and we thought of Chaim Dovid Ben Necha together.

sarahd

Post Sun, Jan 22 2012, 2:31 am
I made it, b"h, ten minutes early. May all our efforts be a great zechus for Chaim Dovid.

the world's best mom

Post Sun, Jan 22 2012, 6:21 am
Thanks everyone. I lit about 8 or 9 minutes early. I tried for 10, but oh well. My whole family lit early, as well as 21 people who signed on to a list put out by my sister's co-worker. Hopefully it will count for something.

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Jan 22 2012, 6:24 am
the world's best mom wrote:
Thanks everyone. I lit about 8 or 9 minutes early. I tried for 10, but oh well. My whole family lit early, as well as 21 people who signed on to a list put out by my sister's co-worker. Hopefully it will count for something.

Oh, it definitely has and will. Let's hope it counts for something that we can readily perceive.

the world's best mom

Post Mon, Jan 23 2012, 2:19 pm
I just wanted to share the e-mail that my sister's co-worker sent out this week to all the people who work for their company. She's putting together a new list for this week. Anyone who wants to join can pm me for her e-mail address- I don't think I should post it here. You can start Shabbos early even if you don't want to sign up offiacially, but for whoever wants to, I'll give you the e-mail address.

Sent: Monday, January 23, 2012 2:45 PM
Subject: Ki Hi Mekor Habracha

Lzchus Refuas Chaim Dovid ben Necha

I thought of sending this out this email early so that we would have time to organize our week and prepare for Shabbos to be ready to greet Shabbos early with menuchas hanefesh. Last week was the first time in my life that I lit candles so early and it really made a difference. I thought that maybe we could try again to be mekabel Shabbos early this week, Parshas Bo, lzchus Chaim Dovid.

Whenever somebody would come to Rabbi Moshe Shmuel Shapiro for a bracha, he would say “Likras Shabbos Lchu Vnelacha, Ki Hi Mekor Habracha” Likras Shabbos, the way you come to Shabbos, the hachana, the way you prepare and you are ready for Shabbos, that is, Ki Hi, the Mekor for Bracha. The Rosh Yeshiva said “You want a bracha? You see it is says right here the way to get a bracha” He said that the more you await Shabbos and the more that you are ready on time, then you show more ahava and kirva to the Ribono shel Olom.

Imagine someone’s parents coming from abroad to visit them. At the terminal, the parents are looking if their child has come to greet them by the airport. When not seeing them, they take a taxi, to their child’s house and hope to see them downstairs waiting for them, but noone is there. They knock on the door and nobody answers. They ring persistently, until they hear someone calling from the shower, “Come in, I am almost ready!”. Finally, their child comes out a few minutes later to greet them. Shabbos Hamalka is coming, it is a special time for just Hashem and us, let us be ready properly.

Someone who lives across the street from a cheder told me that Rav Aharon Leib Shteinman was coming to visit the cheder. All the children of the cheder were dressed Shabbosdik and waiting in a long line on the street for Rav Shteinman to come. Every time a car passed, they all craned their necks to see if it was him. Finally after a half hour, Rav Shteinman’s car arrived. They were so, so excited; the waiting for Rav Shteinman built up the excitement of seeing him. When we prepare and await Shabbos all week, it helps us to feel the excitement of kedusha of Shabbos.

Please feel free to forward this email to family and friend who might want to join us in being mekabel Shabbos 10 minutes early this week for a zchus for the brother of our coworker, Chaim Dovid ben Necha. They can email ____ to add their name to the list (first name and last initial only) that will bezras Hashem be sent to his family. Anyone who cannot be mekabel Shabbos early, but would like to be increase the kovod of Shabbos in a different way, can also email _____.

the world's best mom

Post Fri, Feb 03 2012, 7:51 am
Reminder for all who are interested: We are continuing to bring in Shabbos early for Chaim Dovid's Z'chus.

He is having a PET scan (a full body scan) right now, to see if the 3 tumors in his chest are the only ones he has.

Also, he went for an ultrasound of his neck yesterday- the blood clot that he got while on the high dose chemo did not go away. We don't know yet what they plan to do for it.

Anyone who can daven for him now or light candles early, it would be greatly appreciated.

karen berzon

Post Sun, Feb 05 2012, 11:41 am
Tiffany, just wanted to let you know that I lit about 10 minutes early this week for Chaim Dovid. Looking forward to sharing lots of besoros tovos!

cuties' mom

Post Thu, Feb 09 2012, 5:55 pm
This is a message from Chaim Dovid that he sent out to everyone who is on the official email list for starting Shabbos early.

Quote:
Thank you so much for everything that you're doing in my zchus. I feel completely calm going into surgery tomorrow knowing that I have the zchuyos of so many people protecting me. I appreciate it more than I can put into words. It gives me and my family a lot of chizuk during this difficult nisayon and makes us feel like we are not alone. Tizku l'mitzvos.

With much hakoras hatov,

Chaim Dovid

the world's best mom

Post Thu, Feb 09 2012, 6:06 pm
BTW, the surgery is called for 7:30 tomorrow. Anyone who is awake at that time could try to keep him in mind. The 3 tumors in his chest now are not all in the same area, so they may not be able to remove all 3 in one day, but they're going to try. We're hoping they will get all 3, easily, and without having to remove too much else.

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Sun, Feb 19 2012, 12:49 pm
Please keep us updated
looking fwd to hearing good news!
^BK

the world's best mom

Post Sun, Feb 19 2012, 3:15 pm
Sorry, I didn't realize that I never updated. They removed two of the tumors, and couldn't find the 3rd. Now the doctor says he thinks there was no 3rd tumor. He hopes to start chemo again 2 weeks after the surgery- I guess that's next week.

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Mon, Feb 20 2012, 9:01 am
B"H! may this chemo be successful and may it be the last one necessary! he should have a full, complete recovery!!

ray family

Post Mon, Feb 20 2012, 10:40 am
I light 40 min before shkiah (the minhag of yerushalayim). should I try to add another 10 min to that or is my current lighting time sufficient?

(as an aside, I have to thank you bec. you brought me back 3 years in time when we were doing s/t similar for s/o who's very close to me. I have to be makir tov to H-m for all that He's given me)

the world's best mom

Post Mon, Feb 20 2012, 11:10 am
I don't know. Does everyone in Yerushalayim light 40 minutes before Shkiah? Why do they? If that's the standard candle lighting time there, I guess you could add 10 minutes more.

Thanks.

the world's best mom

Post Mon, Feb 20 2012, 11:11 am
BrachaVHatzlocha wrote:
B"H! may this chemo be successful and may it be the last one necessary! he should have a full, complete recovery!!

Amen! They may push off the chemo for 2 more weeks to see if the tumor markers will go down to his baseline. If it does go down, they'll use a weaker chemo.
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics