Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
PINWORMS - Any Natural Remedies?
1  2  Next

amother

Post Sat, Jan 21 2012, 9:16 pm
My daughter has a playgroup in her house. One of the children in the group has a confirmed case of pinworms. Should all the parents be notified? Also, are there any natural remedies? If the doctor prescribes Vermox, should every family member take it, or just the infected child? Your advice please. She will call the doctor in the morning but would like your advice tonight, if possible.

amother

Post Sat, Jan 21 2012, 9:49 pm
We had pinworms in our house many times. The whole family needs Vermox. Plus you need to wash the bedding really well, and pajamas. My doctor had me take my daughter straight from her bed into the tub for 3 mornings in a row after the vermox, and then wash all of her bedding and pjs without letting them shake out any eggs onto the floor (I rolled everything up and carried it in a plastic bag to the washer.) A natural remedy is garlic. I was told to give her a clove (blended with applesauce or spread on bread) to cure it. I didn't do that, but I started to give her a garlic supplement every day, and that seems to keep the pinworms away.

amother

Post Sat, Jan 21 2012, 10:01 pm
my dd also had pinworms and someone told me to insert a garlic the way you insert a suppository. unpeel the garlic, scratch it with a spoon so the juice comes out, and insert it. sour pickles and pumpkin seeds prevent the eggs to turn into worms. also salty and acidic foods.

amother

Post Sat, Jan 21 2012, 10:05 pm
How often do you change the garlic? Or do you just insert it once and when it comes out, it comes out?

amother

Post Sat, Jan 21 2012, 10:07 pm
Is the garlic supplement in addition to the Vermox, or in place of it?

avimom

Post Sat, Jan 21 2012, 10:07 pm
just dealt with this two weeks ago with my own son and now one of my students have it. Of course I notified all of the parents- it's extremely contagious as it passes through the mouth and kids often have their hands in the mouth. I would advise to do the medication as it's the only thing that will work fast and prevent the spreading, My doctor (Dr. Abberbock) does not recommend having the whole family take the pills unless someone has symtoms. Lysol, lysol, lysol... I did the laundry, showering very morning thing for the first three days, as the above paster mentioned (it takes three days after the meds for it to stop being contagious and for all of the eggs to die) but my doctor did say it's not necessary and not to drive myself crazy. The only natural things I have seen online are pumpkin seeds and garlic if you don't mind smelling :-) I also sent my son to school with a huge purell to keep in the teachers desk (wiuth the teachers permission) so that the kids could clean their hands before eating snack. Being boys though, I don't really see it happening... :-)

shlomitsmum

Post Sat, Jan 21 2012, 10:22 pm
I caught them as a newly wed in Israel LOL
It was HORRIBLE (I have a maggot phobia and the white little guys are pretty darn close) ....I would go for meds right away .
After treatment wash everything bedding pjs clothing etc in scalding hot water. The itch was unbearable at night (poor kid)...I thought I would lose it.

DH was suck a tzaddik running around trying to get me meds .....AWWW so romantic Wink

flowerpower

Post Sat, Jan 21 2012, 10:52 pm
Vermox works very fast. I would recommend it. You take one now and one in two weeks. It goes away right away but you take a second pill for reassurance. If the child takes a bath with the siblings then they should take it too. When one of my kids had it a while ago I gave to to everyone to play it safe.

amother

Post Sun, Jan 22 2012, 10:49 am
Should all playmates take Vermox, or only if confirmed?

shlomitsmum

Post Sun, Jan 22 2012, 11:01 am
amother wrote:
Should all playmates take Vermox, or only if confirmed?

I am not a fan of unnecessary medicating of kids ... I would ask a pediatrician.
My concern is that it may irritate the stomach lining of uninfected kids .....but I am not a doc. Wink

I cringe at the memory!!! LOL

avimom

Post Sun, Jan 22 2012, 4:31 pm
different doctors recommend differnt things but my doctor (abberbock) only recommends medicating the ones with symptoms. Keep in mind this is a very strong medicine.

BMe

Post Sun, Jan 22 2012, 4:48 pm
I was told by another doctor that Vermox goes through the digestive system completely, nothing stays behind and is completely safe to use. Garlic also works, as a suppository, but I wouldn't advice scratching for the juice to come out. You need to take bulbs very carefully that you can take off the peel without any of the internal garlic being scratched as it can easily lead to a burning sensation in dc and rashes. My doctor says only to give dc with symptoms, not to go crazy with the washing, and to repeat in 10 days as whatever eggs were present initially have probably hatched, so they should be killed as well. I have done this and it works, I don't see it spreading. (He doesn't even say the temperature has to be over 60 degrees). To see if someone has pinworms, he suggested putting some tape there overnight (if dc will let) and see in the morning if it's stuck on.

I hope it goes away quickly! It's an awful thing and I get nightmares if I ever see it!

Ruchel

Post Sun, Jan 22 2012, 5:01 pm
shlomitsmum wrote:
It was HORRIBLE (I have a maggot phobia and the white little guys are pretty darn close) ....I would go for meds right away .
After treatment wash everything bedding pjs clothing etc in scalding hot water. The itch was unbearable at night (poor kid)...I thought I would lose it.

DH was suck a tzaddik running around trying to get me meds .....AWWW so romantic Wink

LOL! sooo s-xy!

Yes, it is horrible. At school there was a lice and worms epidemics almost every year, sometimes several times a year. Gah.

shlomitsmum

Post Sun, Jan 22 2012, 6:54 pm
Ruchel wrote:
shlomitsmum wrote:

LOL! sooo s-xy!

Yes, it is horrible. At school there was a lice and worms epidemics almost every year, sometimes several times a year. Gah.

Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter

yaelinIN

Post Sun, Jan 22 2012, 8:16 pm
My very natural ped said that Vermox is a safe medicine because it goes through your system and just paralyzes the worms so they cannot make eggs or hang out in the intestines. I asked him if I could give it on a monthly basis to all kids as a preventative and he said no problem and gave a prescription. The only reason I am not doing it now is that I had a very hard getting it from the pharmacy...

amother

Post Sun, Jan 22 2012, 8:20 pm
amother wrote:
How often do you change the garlic? Or do you just insert it once and when it comes out, it comes out?
it comes out in the morning usually. you can put a new garlic in a week from first. I do not use vermox.

ChossidMom

Post Mon, Jan 23 2012, 5:19 pm
I am currently using a natural remedy I bought in the health food store. My son hates the flavor so I also bought a homeopathic remedy that tastes like tiny sugar pills which you take three times a day. I'll change to that if I stop with the icky drops. We're still using the first remedy and hoping it will work. Vermox is poison. How do you think it kills the parasites. I didn't want to give Vermox yet again. My six year old is the only one who just keeps getting pinworms. Noone else has this problem.

mammala120

Post Mon, Jan 23 2012, 10:07 pm
I am an expert on it, unfortunately
I took vermox as a child 2x and it destroyed my liver and digestion. I have alot of issues. hashem help me.
little creatures stil returned after 2 episodes of vermox (that is 4 doses)
what helped at the end is food, god given food not man made medications.

primary foods that nock them out are:
1. raw organic pumpkins seeds
2. dry basil
3. garlic

secondary foods that will help above to be more effective and help remove the dead creatures are'
1. carrots (shredded in salads or baby carrots)
2. pomegranate (fruit or juice will do as well)
3. pineapple
4. almonds
5. olives.

some people use wormwood herb or black walnut hulled. I tryed that for my kids from zahler's. it worked but with some side effects. one of my kids still got reinfected constantly, what works is to give her one of above on daily basis. I also used homeopathic wich works but reinfection is problem and I am sure it is from school. you can't help it just to streghen immune system.

also what works is olive leaf extract, vit c, and probiotics.

ChossidMom

Post Tue, Jan 24 2012, 1:51 am
THanks for reminding me about probiotics. I'm going to have to pick some up for my son.
Also, they thrive on sugar, don't they? Keeping them off sugar is a bit of a challenge though.

mammala120

Post Tue, Jan 24 2012, 2:41 pm
if I gave sugary food I would top it with at least 10-20 pieces of pumpkin seeds. it works
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics