Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers
Where to buy linen set full size in "goyeshe" stor
1  2  3  Next

rivk241

Post Mon, Jan 23 2012, 7:29 am
my beds are 48 inch but I already have the 48 inch sheets so I want to get away cheaper and not buy in frum stores where the sets are expensive... so I would match my sheets to a set ....where is the best place to buy nice duvet covers-( thats the covers for the comfortors) with the pillow cases....? any ideas? and it should be soft and decent quality not too much money....

Dini20

Post Mon, Jan 23 2012, 7:45 am
I've found that the frum stores have the whole set for much cheaper than regular stores. You could check out marshalls, tjmaxx, homegoods. Sometimes they have some nice sets. Or macys has for a decent price sometimes. & actually, target has some very pretty sets that have high thread counts.

Pineapple

Post Mon, Jan 23 2012, 8:13 am
Target

Simple1

Post Mon, Jan 23 2012, 9:01 am
Just a tip for saving $$ on linens in the Jewish stores - You can buy a set that has 48" sheets, but has twin duvet covers and blankets. It's actually easier to change the linen when the blankets are smaller.

I think Dini might be right - duvet covers are not so readily available. At least in the Jewish stores you get the whole set for 2 beds without the aggravation of looking around for something that's not there. Then again maybe there are others who know something I don't know and know where to get cheaper linen from.

mamaleh

Post Mon, Jan 23 2012, 9:19 am
I've found that linens & things (I think they might have closed) and Bed bath & beyond often have very good prices on high quality duvet sets. And if you have their coupons it can be even cheaper!!!

That's pretty much where all of my linen comes from and I don't think I've ever spent more than $40 per bed- including sheets- for our full size beds. BTW all of my linen is 100% cotton and at least 250 thread count.

brooklyn

Post Mon, Jan 23 2012, 9:29 am
Brylane Home online or their catalogue

chocolate chips

Post Mon, Jan 23 2012, 11:53 am
telco (seriously!)
macys
target
tj maxx
kohls
bed bath and beyond

rivk241

Post Mon, Jan 23 2012, 12:01 pm
op here... I was at target macys and homegoods its hard to find the duvet covers but if you look hard enough you find! Im sick of buying sets for $250 when I can get away much cheaper and the quality looks good! I dont think the "jewish" quality is too grt either!

Dini20

Post Mon, Jan 23 2012, 1:55 pm
Did you find a/t?

yksraya

Post Mon, Jan 23 2012, 2:20 pm
ikea has duvet covers.
online you can purchase duvet cover sets at overstock.com.

DrMom

Post Mon, Jan 23 2012, 2:23 pm
I am confused: Why does it matter if the store is "non jewish" or "Jewish"? Don't you just care about size, price, thread count, pattern, etc?

yksraya

Post Mon, Jan 23 2012, 2:25 pm
DrMom wrote:
I am confused: Why does it matter if the store is "non jewish" or "Jewish"? Don't you just care about size, price, thread count, pattern, etc?

in the jewish stores they are usually very pricey.

thedudette

Post Mon, Jan 23 2012, 5:37 pm
Ikea or Century 21

Simple1

Post Mon, Jan 23 2012, 7:28 pm
yksraya wrote:
DrMom wrote:

in the jewish stores they are usually very pricey.

Sometimes yes and sometimes no. You really have to compare similar qualities to see if it's true.

Simple1

Post Mon, Jan 23 2012, 7:31 pm
rivk241 wrote:
op here... I was at target macys and homegoods its hard to find the duvet covers but if you look hard enough you find! Im sick of buying sets for $250 when I can get away much cheaper and the quality looks good! I dont think the "jewish" quality is too grt either!

You can get it much cheaper than $250.

superjew

Post Mon, Jan 23 2012, 7:37 pm
Not to steal the thread but I'm frustrated with non jewish linen because they dont have the good fitted sheets, you always have to buy it separately and it comes out to about the same $250!
Is there any jewish stores that have nice soft linen not so expensive? Or perhaps a tip on how to purchase cheap with fitted sheets at any store?

tikva18

Post Mon, Jan 23 2012, 8:23 pm
rivk241 wrote:
my beds are 48 inch but I already have the 48 inch sheets so I want to get away cheaper and not buy in frum stores where the sets are expensive... so I would match my sheets to a set ....where is the best place to buy nice duvet covers-( thats the covers for the comfortors) with the pillow cases....? any ideas? and it should be soft and decent quality not too much money....

What size beds are 48"? I was looking online and saw twins were less than that, fulls/doubles were more than that...

OOTBubby

Post Mon, Jan 23 2012, 8:31 pm
tikva18 wrote:

What size beds are 48"? I was looking online and saw twins were less than that, fulls/doubles were more than that...

It's a special size sold in frum communities.

Chana Miriam S

Post Mon, Jan 23 2012, 8:31 pm
costco

OOTBubby

Post Mon, Jan 23 2012, 8:32 pm
OP -- you can also try overstock.com. I've bought duvet sets there (though it was a few years ago).

Other than the Jewish stores though you'll need to get either twin or full (and many places don't even sell full -- goes from twin to queen).
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics