Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Dr. Robert Weiss- pediatric dentist. Anyone use him?

Barbs

Post Mon, Jan 23 2012, 3:21 pm
Trying to find a dentist for my kids in BP or Flatbush. Just moved here and got Empire Blue Shield Blue Cross CHP.
I tried Dr. Siedenfeld (not accepting new patients), Ezra (not accepting new patients), Dr. Nissim (tried him, wasn't so happy), Dr. Wagshall (have to pay cash).
Anyone ever heard of or tried Dr. Robert Weiss? Does he accept Empire CHP? Is he good?
Any other suggestions?

Hodu Lashem

Post Mon, Jan 23 2012, 3:44 pm
I don't know Dr. Weiss, but I use Dr. Joshua Canter in BP and he accepts insurances. He is a general dentist, but does a lot of children and I have always been happy. If you want his number I could get it for you.

Dini20

Post Mon, Jan 23 2012, 3:51 pm
I used Dr. Weiss. I was very happy with him. I didn't have insurance so I left because he was quite expensive. I don't know if he accepts insurance (since I didn't have).

ra_mom

Post Thu, Jan 26 2012, 11:17 am
Dr. Weiss is phenomenal. He doesn't accept most insurances. We used cash when we saw him.

avi

Post Thu, Jan 26 2012, 11:33 am
not sure if he accepts or not but I used to use him when I was younger and have good memories of going to the dentist as I had some issues with my teeth and no other dentist was able to keep me calm on the chair for a whole visit. he was really nice

gold21

Post Thu, Jan 26 2012, 11:56 am
I went to him for a consult with my son, who was very anxious about dentists (due to a bad experience elsewhere).

he told me he gives some kind of drink to make the kid calm and woozy, before doing dental work.

I was not impressed with that dental approach, so after lots of research I found an amazing dentist in NJ who talks really slowly and has lots of patience and is really amazing with kids and builds a relationship with the patients.

my son actually likes going to see her! no drugs or drinks or laughing gas!

I feel that this is the healthiest approach to pediatric dentistry.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Jan 26 2012, 12:12 pm
Glad you found somebody good gold!

Dr. Weiss didn't use any sedatives on dd. They did have to hold my 2 year old down though. Sad But they were very nice to dd and the work done was very good.

Dini20

Post Thu, Jan 26 2012, 2:05 pm
You can also check out Dr Galler on kings hwy & bedford. He has goggle type glasses that play movies so the kids can watch while he's working. I don't know if he takes insurance.

soulful music

Post Fri, Jan 27 2012, 8:33 am
gold21 wrote:
I went to him for a consult with my son, who was very anxious about dentists (due to a bad experience elsewhere).

he told me he gives some kind of drink to make the kid calm and woozy, before doing dental work.

I was not impressed with that dental approach, so after lots of research I found an amazing dentist in NJ who talks really slowly and has lots of patience and is really amazing with kids and builds a relationship with the patients.

my son actually likes going to see her! no drugs or drinks or laughing gas!

I feel that this is the healthiest approach to pediatric dentistry.

Can you please share, I need a dentist for my child.

gold21

Post Fri, Jan 27 2012, 10:09 am
Dr. Noushin Ghajari
she has an Indian background I think, hence the interesting name.
she is FANTASTIC.
my son, who was terrified of dentists, and refused to open his mouth for a dentist to look at with a mirror- let alone do real dental work!- is now very comfortable and calm in the dentist chair. B"H. she is willing to spend time with each patient and work him/her through the process.

she takes many insurances.

off the internet:

Ghajari, Noushin N, DDS
2225 Lemoine Ave
Fort Lee, NJ 07024
(201) 302-9844

3 reviews in English

Review from Fanny N.
Livingston, NJ
5/3/2011
My husband and I are willing to drive 50 minutes from Livingston, NJ to see Dr. Ghajari. Our three kids look forward to their dental appointments. We recommend her to every one. She makes us feel safe and not worried that our kids will get unnecessary procedures done. She takes time to explain to the parent and the child everything she is doing. I hope that she will be doing this for a long time.

Judy H.
Haworth, NJ
4/13/2010
Love her, love her, love her! We drive 25 minutes to see her (we used to live in Fort Lee, but moved). She is as gentle and kind as they get, talks soothingly to kids the whole time with no surprises. Gives sound advice, always prefacing with, "if it were my child, I would..." and more often than not, the advice doesn't push for an expensive procedure or any procedure at all if it's not extreme. She is very careful to use the least amount of anesthesia necessary and her patients are calm and comfortable. She really has the best interests of the kids at heart. Plus a TV in the exam room with DVD's to pick from (my daughter is terrified of most kids' stuff, but managed to find a Blues Clues Valentine's Day DVD that made her happy). Wait can be a little long, but she's worth it.

Svasana H.
Los Angeles, CA
9/5/2008
Dr. Ghajari is really wonderful with kids--she has a very gentle manner, talks to little kids the whole time she is working with them, and makes the whole process very stress-free. My kids never make a fuss about going to see her, and look forward to the little prizes she rewards her patients with. The nicest pediatric dentist we've gone to (and we've run away from some really horrible ones!)

gold21

Post Fri, Jan 27 2012, 1:18 pm
oh and thanks ra-mom! I am so relieved that we found a dentist that is a good fit for us. as you may remember, I checked out quite a few dentists until I found this one, so its nice to be done with that stressful process. :-)

Grandmama

Post Fri, Jan 27 2012, 2:04 pm
I went to Doctor Weiss when he first began his practice. He was rude and called my 4 year old son names like "silly"and "babyish" and"stupid". I walked out of there and never went back. I refuse to pay for an abusive dentist. The office looked nice, but I was not interested in the videos, and did not like that he made me leave the room and stay behind a glass wall, when my son wanted me to stay with him and hold his hand.
I never called my kids names, and had no intention of paying someone else to do that.

He makes you feel like he owns the world because he has a dental degree. You the patient are made to feel like a nothing and a nobody. Maybe he improved since then, as RAMOM seems to be happy with him.
Such was my experience, and I will never forget it even if it goes back almost 30 years.

Instead I went to Dr Gerry Yablonovich, just a block or two away, who works together with his wife, Dr Perela. My kids all went to them for many years, now they see my grandchildren. They are gentle, they joke, they give prizes, my kids loved going to the dentist. Their office may not be fancy, but I am allowed to be with my children, and it was always a quick and pleasant experience.

Originally they specialized in pediatrics, but now they see anyone with a fear of dentists.
They accept many insurances, but since I didn't have any and paid cash, they gave me a generous discount for cash payments made on time. They also work with payments and your budget.

Grandmama

Post Fri, Jan 27 2012, 2:04 pm
I went to Doctor Weiss when he first began his practice. He was rude and called my 4 year old son names like "silly"and "babyish" and"stupid". I walked out of there and never went back. I refuse to pay for an abusive dentist. The office looked nice, but I was not interested in the videos, and did not like that he made me leave the room and stay behind a glass wall, when my son wanted me to stay with him and hold his hand.
I never called my kids names, and had no intention of paying someone else to do that.

He makes you feel like he owns the world because he has a dental degree. You the patient are made to feel like a nothing and a nobody. Maybe he improved since then, as RAMOM seems to be happy with him.
Such was my experience, and I will never forget it even if it goes back almost 30 years.

Instead I went to Dr Gerry Yablonovich, just a block or two away, who works together with his wife, Dr Perela. My kids all went to them for many years, now they see my grandchildren. They are gentle, they joke, they give prizes, my kids loved going to the dentist. Their office may not be fancy, but I am allowed to be with my children, and it was always a quick and pleasant experience.

Originally they specialized in pediatrics, but now they see anyone with a fear of dentists.
They accept many insurances, but since I didn't have any and paid cash, they gave me a generous discount for cash payments made on time. They also work with payments and your budget.

Barbs

Post Thu, Feb 16 2012, 9:46 pm
Thanks for all the replies.
We are not going to go with Dr. Weiss. However, still haven't found a dentist for my kids. Tried quite a few but either they don't take the insurance or they are overbooked and we have to be put on a waiting list!

superjew

Post Mon, Jun 11 2012, 6:34 pm
Grandmama wrote:

I know this is an old post but I'm looking for a great Pediatric Dentist who accepts Americhoice (in Brooklyn) What is Dr Yablonovich's #?

Anyone else with other child friendly suggestions?

okeydocke

Post Mon, Jun 11 2012, 8:40 pm
I just heard today that Dr. weiss only takes cash
I use dr eli adler, he is very good with kids , he is on 14th ave. and 59th st

ra_mom

Post Mon, Jun 11 2012, 8:44 pm
okeydocke wrote:
I just heard today that Dr. weiss only takes cash
I use dr eli adler, he is very good with kids , he is on 14th ave. and 59th st
In our experience, the fillings he does fall right out.

Grandmama

Post Mon, Jun 11 2012, 11:41 pm
436-7750.

He is very reasonable, and will work with every situation.
His wife Dr Perela is also very patient and nice.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries