Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Ear Care

ChossidMom

Post Sun, Jan 29 2012, 7:17 am
My daughter "cleaned" her ear with a q-tip. Sounds like she pushed some wax further in and now she is hearing less and her ear is "clicking". It's driving her nuts. I can't get an appointment with an ENT till a week from today. So, I made an appointment with her pediatrician for tomorrow. Does anyone here have any ear care ideas for how I can make her feel better till tomorrow? Thanks

shalhevet

Post Sun, Jan 29 2012, 7:35 am
You can buy hydrogen something drops OTC and they dissolve the wax - it also means that if she gets to the ENT later it will be easier/ less painful to syringe if she needs that because it will be softer. Could be warm olive oil also helps.

Refua shleima!

Pineapple

Post Sun, Jan 29 2012, 7:42 am
Hydrogen peroxide

Dini20

Post Sun, Jan 29 2012, 8:25 am
There are ear removal drops called debrox (I think that's how it's spelled) sold OTC. My pediatrician told me to use that when my son had a lot of wax & failed the hearing test because of it.

Dini20

Post Sun, Jan 29 2012, 8:29 am
That's funny. I meant wax removal - I'm on my blackberry & can't edit my post.

runninglate

Post Sun, Jan 29 2012, 9:12 am
zahlers makes ear drops with olive oil and garlic. Its really soothing. You can prob find it in a health food store. And if your ent wont give you an appointment for an emergency, I would look for a new one.

ChossidMom

Post Sun, Jan 29 2012, 9:22 am
Runninglate, I live in Israel and I see my doctors through the Maccabi (our health plan's) clinic. You call a central number and get your appointment. The ENT is only in our city once a week. If I felt this were a real emergency I would take her to Terem (emergency health care) .

runninglate

Post Sun, Jan 29 2012, 7:28 pm
oh. I guess thats what I have to look forward to here in the US when obamacare goes into effect. The zahlers drops are really good, though. Refuah shleima.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics