Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Child & Baby Products
Which Highchair?
1  2  Next

mom2be1

Post Tue, Jan 31 2012, 8:17 pm
Help I'm so confused with all the choices of highchairs! I was thinking about the Boon but the price was a bit much. So, I bought an evenflo one but first of all I dont love the way it looks in my home it's white and black and a bit of an eyesore. Another thing I was unhappy with is that the front legs has wheels but the back legs are stationary making it very clumsy and hard to manuever. So I would like a highchair that looks nice, and doesnt take up too much room. Does anyone have one they're thrilled with?

mfb

Post Tue, Jan 31 2012, 8:33 pm
I love my highchair. I dont remember the company name but it is a seat on a stand ans has 5 legs with wheels coming out of it. it might not have any fancy features but it is easy to clean and doesnt take up to much room. I have it in gray and have used it for 3 kids already and it is still in great condition.
I think its called prince castle

mom2be1

Post Tue, Jan 31 2012, 8:40 pm
I would also like it to recline which the prince castle(and boon) dont.

Ema of 5

Post Tue, Jan 31 2012, 8:55 pm
mine is a few years old, and I never really used it, but I have the peg perego prima pappa. it has wheels in the back that lock to make it stationary, the seat moves up and down, and it also reclines into a few different positions. my kids tend to be too small for the straps even on the smallest, so I just put them straight into a booster with a tray when I would have otherwise put them into a high chair.

MaBelleVie

Post Tue, Jan 31 2012, 8:57 pm
I love my boon. I'm not sure why a high chair would need to recline.

chatz

Post Tue, Jan 31 2012, 8:58 pm
A booster seat is great for not taking up space. And you cant beat the price.
http://www.amazon.com/Fisher-P.....r=8-1

Ema of 5

Post Tue, Jan 31 2012, 9:00 pm
MaBelleVie wrote:

even though I dont use it very often, I like that mine reclines because it means I dont have to move a sleeping child, and they dont end up doing funky things with their head.

MaBelleVie

Post Tue, Jan 31 2012, 9:03 pm
akivachaya wrote:
MaBelleVie wrote:

even though I dont use it very often, I like that mine reclines because it means I dont have to move a sleeping child, and they dont end up doing funky things with their head.

Is it common for kids to fall asleep while eating? Mine never did. Live and learn. . .

Ema of 5

Post Tue, Jan 31 2012, 9:04 pm
chatz wrote:
A booster seat is great for not taking up space. And you cant beat the price.
http://www.amazon.com/Fisher-P.....r=8-1

I have that one, two of them actually, and toys r us sells it for less- about $25. and you dont have to pay shipping.

Ema of 5

Post Tue, Jan 31 2012, 9:10 pm
MaBelleVie wrote:
akivachaya wrote:
MaBelleVie wrote:

Is it common for kids to fall asleep while eating? Mine never did. Live and learn. . .

im not sure, but mine tend to be slow eaters, so that might have something to do with it Smile also, I will sometimes put them in with some toys and let them play while I am doing something (making supper, cleaning, etc) and they sometimes fall asleep then too Smile they are too short to go in an exersaucer, so for really young kids the high chair worked perfectly. havent used it in at least 2 years, but iy"h there is another one on the way, so maybe I will use it again soon Smile

mom2be1

Post Tue, Jan 31 2012, 9:15 pm
I dont have an extra chair in my kitchen for the booster seat so I dont care to have an extra thing around. For right now my baby is 6 mos old she likes to chill and be reclined and falling asleep is definately a valid point to think about in the future...

granolamom

Post Tue, Jan 31 2012, 10:15 pm
mom2be1 wrote:
Help I'm so confused with all the choices of highchairs! I was thinking about the Boon but the price was a bit much. So, I bought an evenflo one but first of all I dont love the way it looks in my home it's white and black and a bit of an eyesore. Another thing I was unhappy with is that the front legs has wheels but the back legs are stationary making it very clumsy and hard to manuever. So I would like a highchair that looks nice, and doesnt take up too much room. Does anyone have one they're thrilled with?

I have a boon that I absolutely adored. its pink and white and was so fun to use. I really enjoyed it. easy to clean too. I love the base, it fits so nicely under a table and is easy to move. I just love the whole design.

I was hoping to sell mine so if you are in NY and want a pink one I can sell it for a reasonable price. its in great condition (used less than a year and the extra tray insert is still in original packaging).

granolamom

Post Tue, Jan 31 2012, 10:16 pm
MaBelleVie wrote:
akivachaya wrote:
MaBelleVie wrote:

not mine either

saw50st8

Post Tue, Jan 31 2012, 10:27 pm
We use the stokke tripp trapp and LOVE it, but its pricey.

seeker

Post Tue, Jan 31 2012, 10:44 pm
Mine has fallen asleep in the highchair, and I recline it so it's more comfortable for her to stay asleep. Though she gets quite sweaty when that happens.
Another reason for recline is that you can use it with younger babies who don't sit as solidly. You can start feeding food to a baby at 5 months but they probably don't sit well enough to be comfortable in a non-reclining high chair at that age.
For the same reason I would find a booster seat inadequate. Even after DD had been sitting well for several months, she still didn't seem safe or comfortable in a booster that didn't have a higher, contoured back. She was twisting herself around, didn't know how to sit like a big kid yet. A little baby can also just hang out in the high chair as an alternative to an infant seat that gives a higher-up view of the world.
So for people looking for a booster type idea with the perks of a full-featured high chair, I highly recommend this: Fisher Price Space Saver High Chair It's pricey on Amazon but when I bought mine it was VERY easy to find old patterns on clearance in stores. I think I paid about $35 and we are loving ours. We've had it since DD was about 4 months old and now she's 14 months and still happy in it. It does occupy a chair, so if you have space but not spare chairs you probably want just a full-size high chair. It also doesn't wheel and I doubt there is any kind of wheelie chair that would be safe to use it on!

mom2be1

Post Wed, Feb 01 2012, 7:00 am
granolamom wrote:
mom2be1 wrote:

I have a boon that I absolutely adored. its pink and white and was so fun to use. I really enjoyed it. easy to clean too. I love the base, it fits so nicely under a table and is easy to move. I just love the whole design.

I was hoping to sell mine so if you are in NY and want a pink one I can sell it for a reasonable price. itw s in great condition (used less than a year and the extra tray insert is still in original packaging).

I never saw a pink one they have green, white with orange..is yours like almost red? The thing is yes Im in Ny and I wouldnt mind buying it off you but I have a credit in Buy Buy Baby which I would like to use. So also that further limits my choices BBB didn't have too many on display.

granolamom

Post Wed, Feb 01 2012, 10:50 am
mine is not almost red. its bright girly pink. after three boys I needed some girly girl stuff in my life. the seat insert is white.
I bought about 18 mo ago, maybe they discontinued the color.

EmesOrNT

Post Wed, Feb 01 2012, 11:09 am
I have the fisher price hichchair from the zen collection. It is green and brown with some wood accents, has locking wheels, and reclines. I bought it for $120, and it is worth every penny.

I find that the only time I needed the highchair to recline was when my Zevo was just learning to eat solids and he was too little to sit up straight. I also use it sometimes if he wants to drink a bit after eating. He likes to lay back in his chair and drink the bottle.

Anyway, here is the link for the chair.

http://www.amazon.com/Fisher-P.....MQLM2

INSPIREME

Post Wed, Feb 01 2012, 11:29 am
I have the Chicco Polly and love it!!

http://www.amazon.com/Chicco-H.....r=1-2

bnm

Post Wed, Feb 01 2012, 11:36 am
I have the boon and the imitation of the fisher price space saver. with my nursing baby I never used the recline feature of the space saver so when I bought the boon for the next one I didn't think its important. well she decided she gets the new chair and he uses the fisher price one, and I find that I do tend to use the recline now because he takes bottles so I just lean him back if I'm doing stuff in the kitchen and can't hold him. other than that the boon has every feature I looked for- the tray lays flat, has a 5 point harness, is easy to clean, the t bar is attached to the base so the kid can't slide out while your trying to strap them, has wheels.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics