Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Interested in moving to Rochester, NY
Previous  1  2  3

amother

Post Mon, Nov 17 2014, 12:05 pm
clean movies, no tv, covered legs in first grade, not Zionistically mizrochi inclined at all, clean non jewish books (I pre check everything).

Do they celebrate Yom Hatzmaus btw? Girl Gemorra?

tryinghard

Post Mon, Nov 17 2014, 12:13 pm
amother wrote:
clean movies, no tv, covered legs in first grade, not Zionistically mizrochi inclined at all, clean non jewish books (I pre check everything).

Do they celebrate Yom Hatzmaus btw? Girl Gemorra?

Everything you say sounds about right - not sure about the covered legs - not sure but I don't think that's a rule, but many definitely do.

Yom Ha'atzmaus not celebrated - may be discussed but definitely no Hallel. No girl gemara.

If you want me to get you in touch with the principal or if you would like to have a conversation PM me Very Happy Or just keep posting

amother

Post Wed, Dec 03 2014, 10:06 am
Hi,
I was thinking of relocating to a smaller community and hoping to get more information on Rochester. I spent time there awhile ago and was wondering if things have improved.
I look forward to hearing back

spring13

Post Wed, Dec 03 2014, 10:37 am
amother wrote:
Hi,
I was thinking of relocating to a smaller community and hoping to get more information on Rochester. I spent time there awhile ago and was wondering if things have improved.

Um, what do you think needed improvement?

Ima2NYM_LTR

Post Wed, Dec 03 2014, 11:07 am
amother wrote:
Hi,

Amother- have you looked at Albany. It is also a nice, small Jewish community (and we are finally getting a restaurant opening this weekend!!)
PM me for more info

chanamichaelah007

Post Sun, Dec 07 2014, 1:54 pm
Not sure it's fair to folks to recommend Albany until the day school situation changes. I wish I could recommend one to people, but the reality is both schools are extremely problematic. That being said some really kindfolk are there like you whom I miss dearly. I hope there will someday IY"H be a good choice for frum families.

pobody's nerfect

Post Fri, Dec 26 2014, 12:51 pm
I can answer any questions about rochester!
Currently we have many davening options, day schools, kosher food availabilities, cheap housing in a safe neighborhood, a mikvah, shatnez testing, and much more!
Let me know what else I can help you with.

amother

Post Tue, Jan 06 2015, 4:41 pm
spring13 wrote:
Um, what do you think needed improvement?

I did not mean to put you on the offensive. No community is perfect and always needs improvement and one of the HUGE failings in Jewish societys is that people think that where they reside is a perfect community. WAKE UP WORLD. Improvement cant be accomplished while in denial

spring13

Post Tue, Jan 06 2015, 10:29 pm
amother wrote:
I did not mean to put you on the offensive. No community is perfect and always needs improvement and one of the HUGE failings in Jewish societys is that people think that where they reside is a perfect community. WAKE UP WORLD. Improvement cant be accomplished while in denial

No one was getting defensive. You asked if the community had improved without specifying what you'd found problematic (or just not suited to your needs) in the past. How could anyone respond to your question without that information?

pobody's nerfect

Post Wed, Jan 28 2015, 11:21 am
We now have a new campaign with the goal of informing people about what the community is like in Rochester and hopefully having new families join. See torahrochester.com for details.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating