Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Children's Museum of Arts

Rosemarie

Post Sun, Feb 05 2012, 1:05 pm
www.cmany.org
Anyone ever been to this place in Manhattan? Is it really appropriate for kids age 3 and 5? Is it appropriate for young Jewish kids or will there be things against my values and I will then be upset I went? On "paper" it sounds like my kids might enjoy it and they have vacation from school tomorrow.
Anyone can help?
Any other ideas what I can do with them tomorrow would also be appreciated

the world's best mom

Post Sun, Feb 05 2012, 2:52 pm
My kids and I love the museum! I've been to their old location, which had one floor full of art projects- one painting table and one coloring table, and one with floam... and a couple that had their theme- I think it was self portriats one time, different kinds of trees one time...

Downstairs they had a big room FULL of excercise balls for the kids to climb on, one room with a stage where the kids could see themselves on a screen, and a couple of others that I didn't go to.

Rosemarie

Post Sun, Feb 05 2012, 7:58 pm
Thanks! Sounds like my kids would love it! I think I will try it out

Pineapple

Post Sun, Feb 05 2012, 9:32 pm
Please let us know if you go how it was

Pineapple

Post Thu, May 31 2012, 5:11 pm
Did you end up going?
Is it appropriate for 5.5 year olds?

Rosemarie

Post Thu, May 31 2012, 7:52 pm
I never ended up going, but I might go after school is over when my kids have nothing to do and climb the walls.
When I saw this thread come up now, I thought someone went. Boy am I disappointed! I wanted feedback too!

shnitzel

Post Thu, May 31 2012, 7:54 pm
My almost 3 year old loved it and they also have amazing things for bigger kids.

the world's best mom

Post Thu, May 31 2012, 9:24 pm
I went to the new location and it was much better than the old one. They still have a ball pond, plus TONS of tables with art projects, a wall to color on, a place where you can mix and record your own music, dress up clothes, a big slide, headphones with different types of music, funny mirrors and tons more. It's much bigger and nicer than the old location.

the world's best mom

Post Thu, May 31 2012, 9:27 pm
I want to add that the staff is extremely nice. When my ds tried pulling the fire alarm and when he broke the handle off a cabinet and when he did all the things he likes to do, they just smiled. They fixed the cabinet without a problem. When he started banging on a drum, they decided to hold a music session, and everyone got to play instruments. They apparently expect to have some rowdy kids there, and they don't get upset by them.

seeker

Post Thu, May 31 2012, 10:49 pm
Wow, sounds like an awesome place! World's best mom, what age range would you say it's targeted for?

the world's best mom

Post Fri, Jun 01 2012, 7:35 am
They have a toddler room, with simpler art projects- I think it's for ages 2-5 or something. Then there are other rooms with projects for older kids. My 10 year old neice loved it too.

They also have set times for toddlers in the ball pond so that they won't get hurt with the bigger kids.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers