Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Is Trigger Finger an Adult thing, or can children get it?

amother

Post Sun, Feb 05 2012, 2:08 pm
I never heard of Trigger Finger until I came down with it about a year ago...
Now my daughter told me that her baby seems to have something simillar...is this possible? When she crawls, one of her fingers, always the same one, is bent inwards. Also it takes her a while to get her finger to open if my daughter wants to hand her something...
Yes, I know you will all tell her to get it checked out, which she plans on doing, but before we do, we want to know if this is common in infants and young children - her baby is almost a year old, ka"h.

yidishmamma

Post Sun, Feb 05 2012, 2:22 pm
Yes it is commOn in children my son had it when he was about 2 yrs old and we did surgery to correct it

ChossidMom

Post Sun, Feb 05 2012, 2:33 pm
BTW I have it and I had one injection and it helped me big time. I haven't needed the surgery so far.

jelly belly

Post Sun, Feb 05 2012, 2:35 pm
I wouldn't say its common, but it does exist. I know of a couple of babies who had it.

amother

Post Sun, Feb 05 2012, 2:44 pm
ChosidsMom, how long ago was your injection? I had one injection that worked for three months, then it came back, so I had a second injection. My MD will not do more than two injections, so her only alternative for me would be surgery. Has anyone had more than two injections? Would this create long-term medical issues?

OOTBubby

Post Sun, Feb 05 2012, 3:01 pm
I have a GS who had it as a baby and needed corrective surgery to fix it.

amother

Post Sun, Feb 05 2012, 4:32 pm
B * U * M * P

OOTBubby

Post Sun, Feb 05 2012, 6:30 pm
amother wrote:
B * U * M * P

What is the BUMP for? You've had a number of appropriate responses that answered your original question. What more information are you looking for?

amother

Post Sun, Feb 05 2012, 9:32 pm
Sorry, maybe I should have clarified myself - I was hoping some of the responses would refer to physical therapy or shots to correct the trigger finger as opposed to the surgery that was suggested. Did anyone go that route with their little ones? Or perhaps a splint?

OOTBubby

Post Sun, Feb 05 2012, 9:35 pm
amother wrote:
Sorry, maybe I should have clarified myself - I was hoping some of the responses would refer to physical therapy or shots to correct the trigger finger as opposed to the surgery that was suggested. Did anyone go that route with their little ones? Or perhaps a splint?

DD was told that the only way to correct it for her son (it was noticeable from birth) was surgery.

ChossidMom

Post Mon, Feb 06 2012, 2:21 am
amother wrote:
ChosidsMom, how long ago was your injection? I had one injection that worked for three months, then it came back, so I had a second injection. My MD will not do more than two injections, so her only alternative for me would be surgery. Has anyone had more than two injections? Would this create long-term medical issues?

A couple of years ago.

chamco

Post Mon, Feb 06 2012, 8:00 am
My daughter had it when she was 3. It was strange: we never had noticed it before, and when we saw it, it was on the thumbs of both hands at once! The doctors said surgery was the only option. We brought her to a cranial therapist and bH, she can move both thumbs. If you are in Israel, I can refer you.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics