Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Making Pesach for the First Time

sv9506

Post Wed, Feb 15 2012, 5:25 pm
I will IYH be kashering my house for Pesach for the first time since I have been married (we will be away for both yom tov but hope to be home for chol hamoed) and was hoping that everyone on here could help me with a list of things that I need to do. Please give me a list of all things that are absolutely necessary and then things that aren't necessary but would be nice (ex- things that people do at the same time that are spring cleaning but not mandatory for pesach). Please list things for the whole house not just the kitchen in case I didn't think of it. Also please tell me how to kasher things (ex - what needs to be done to a self cleaning oven, the stovetop, stainless steel sinks, countertops).

TIA

yummymummy

Post Wed, Feb 15 2012, 5:29 pm
Here is a link to the Star K's Pesach Kitchen Kashering guide:

http://www.star-k.org/kashrus/.....g.htm

yummymummy

Post Wed, Feb 15 2012, 5:43 pm
First things first - do you allow food out of the kitchen / dining room year round?

If yes, you need to make sure that your family knows when you've cleaned a room and that they can't bring food into it anymore.

Next, I'd start with the easier spaces, like bedrooms, bathrooms, coat closets, etc. moving on to the rooms more likely to have food and crumbs and finishing with the kitchen.

It might help to make a schedule for yourself so that you don't feel rushed and have enough time to calmly clean the whole house. Best of luck!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics