Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
PURIM COSTUME GEMACH
1  2  Next

Sh2

Post Mon, Feb 06 2012, 1:43 pm
2014 - YES B"H WE ARE OPEN! Flatbush (Brooklyn) Gemach. If anyone needs Purim costumes and would like to rent one from a gemach, please call 718-998-7720. B"H we have over SEVEN HUNDRED costumes. Sizes newborn - 2XL adult. We've got loads of props (hats, shtreimels, etc.) There is a charge of $5/costume donation plus a $5/costume REFUNDABLE deposit that you get back when the costume is returned in good condition and on time. All funds raised go to tzedaka. We're open every Sunday until Purim as well as 2 evenings a week (usually Mondays and Wednesdays), by appointment only. If we don't pick up, leave a message. We return all calls. Tizku L'mitzvos, Shoshana (Kalmanowitz) Benguigui

Please note, we ARE open all year round for school plays, camps, etc., but charge $10/costume during the rest of the year. Money still goes to tzedaka.

Last edited by Sh2 on Mon, Feb 10 2014, 2:21 pm; edited 4 times in total

ckk

Post Tue, Feb 14 2012, 2:06 pm
Sounds great! Where are you located?

Sh2

Post Tue, Feb 14 2012, 9:21 pm
Avenue R/ East 15th Street. Our next available appointments are on Sunday, February 26. Feel free to call and make an appointment. 718-998-7720. B"H we still have hundreds of costumes in stock. We've gotten in several more costumes just this past week.

mizle10

Post Wed, Feb 15 2012, 5:03 am
Oh wow! I wish I was in NY!

Sh2

Post Wed, Feb 15 2012, 10:30 am
Me too! If you know anyone in Brooklyn (Flatbush) who needs a costume, you know where to find us! Hatzlacha Rabbah, Shoshana

superjew

Post Sun, Mar 18 2012, 10:18 am
I want to donate our costumes to the gemach. How do I do so?

shanie5

Post Tue, Mar 20 2012, 8:31 pm
OP, you live right near my cousin. Her sis-in-law also has a costume gemach and I just gave her this years costumes.

PinkandYellow

Post Thu, Jan 03 2013, 5:35 pm
Bumping up for this year.

amother

Post Thu, Jan 03 2013, 5:46 pm
Thank you for bumping it up Pink and Yellow! The funniest thing is that I was just about to do so. This G'mach was started for a refuah shelaimah for our mother A"H and is now run l'iluy nishmasa. All the info is still correct. Please call now as appointments are already being given out...It is a wonderful g'mach with very personal attention. We try to help each one find something they will be happy with. (Anon only because I am a sister and it would out myself). A Freilichen Purim to all...

amother

Post Thu, Jan 03 2013, 5:47 pm
P.S. To donate costumes, call the same number. Tizke L'mitzvos.

PinkandYellow

Post Thu, Jan 03 2013, 5:57 pm
Thank you! Two questions: do I need an idea of what costumes I want before going? Also, do you recommend that we bring the kids or davka not?

amother

Post Thu, Jan 03 2013, 6:04 pm
As far as knowing what you want before-not at all necessary. It is only helpful if you want something SPECIFIC and nothing else, you can then call and ask if we have such a costume before making an appointment. As far as kids, only DON'T bring if you have the complete ability and 'green light' to pick out costumes for them (that usually tends to wane after age 5 or so). Otherwise, bring 'em all :) We want you and them to be thrilled with the Purim attire! Looking forward to greeting you all there...

amother

Post Thu, Jan 03 2013, 6:31 pm
Updated info for 2013:

THE 'WHOLE MEGILLAH' PURIM G'MACH

Appointments will be starting to be scheduled on January 13. The G'mach will IY"H be opening on Sunday, January 20. 718-998-7720.

amother

Post Fri, Jan 04 2013, 6:00 am
I'll IY"H try to bump this up every couple of days until Purim for those who are interested. Gut Shabbos.

amother

Post Mon, Jan 07 2013, 8:45 am
Bumping for all those interested. Appointments start being given out on 1/13. Gemach opens 1/20. See you there IY"H. 718-998-7720.

amother

Post Mon, Jan 07 2013, 12:18 pm
Is the gemach only for the Flatbush community?

amother

Post Wed, Jan 09 2013, 4:44 pm
Another bump for those interested. Answer to above amother question: definitely not! All those interested are welcome but we ARE located in Flatbush so you'd have to be able to get there for choosing and again to return. Come one, come all...

Leahh

Post Wed, Jan 09 2013, 4:50 pm
I tried calling & after a few rings heard some static then the line went dead. Tried a few times. Looking for 1st avail apt

amother

Post Wed, Jan 09 2013, 5:43 pm
Very odd, sorry for that experience. You should not have that trouble again. To reinterate: Appointment booking starting on Sunday, January 13, 2013. Gemach opens IY"H Sunday, January 20, 2013. Please call (starting 1/13): 718-998-7720. Please leave message and you will receive a callback. Looking forward to enjoying helping all who come...

flowerpower

Post Wed, Jan 09 2013, 6:32 pm
Thanks for posting! Ill call sunday iyh.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics