Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
6 ear infections since September
Previous  1  2

NaturalMom

Post Tue, Feb 07 2012, 12:38 pm
OP, are you open to going to a chiropractor? I've met many parents and kids at my chiropractor's office who rave about how their kids' ear infections stopped once they started getting adjusted. 4 or 5 adjustments should do the trick.

Also, please give your child plenty of probiotics. That much antibiotics would really worry me.

MrsDash

Post Tue, Feb 07 2012, 12:57 pm
Do you have the benzocaine-based ear drops? It's not an antibiotic. It helps alleviate the pain, and pressure from recurring ear infections. A month seems like a long time to wait. You're the mother, and you should do what you feel most comfortable with.

As a side note- In case you have any worries about your child's hearing- I had LOADS of ear infections as a child. It lasted until I was about 8 years old. I had tubes put in TWICE. I also had constant strep throat as well, which prompted the doctors to give me a tonsillectomy. Even after all of that, my hearing is absolutely perfect.

amother
Jade

Post Wed, Feb 08 2012, 8:44 am
I had the same issue with my almost 3 year old DD. She had ear infections about once a month and was going from one antibiotic to the next. We went to an ENT who put in tubes (which is by the way, a very minor, non-invasive procedure that ENT's do daily). The tubes recently came out after approx. a half year that she's had them and she hasn't had a single ear infection since.

Last edited by amother on Mon, Feb 05 2024, 8:32 am; edited 1 time in total

takeiteasy

Post Wed, Feb 08 2012, 8:53 am
My son was 3 1/2 when he got tubes. His speech was not clear an he was not fully participating in class. He became a new person with his tubes. He is now 12 and still has occasional ear infection Sad My second son has 14 ear infections in 10 month. I wanted to avoid speech issues so we put in tubes at 14 months. Bh he was was fine for a few years after that. Good luck!
My mom stopped dairy when my brother had ear infections and it cleared up.

sporty

Post Tue, Feb 14 2012, 2:33 pm
Outing myself here - I was the op. thanks to the imamothers who posted here and encouraged me to see an ent, I took the advice and did and we just got home and found out dd has yet another ear infection right now totaling 13 and she will need tubes as soon as this infection clears up.
I'm just sorry I waited this long. I am sorry that I didn't pay more attention to how many she was having - I am sorry she has been on so many antibiotic courses when I could have done tubes earlier.
I am glad we went now and didn't wait the month as per my pediatrician. I only took her because of the posts here so thanks to everyone who encouraged me.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics