Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Are you an O/T?

amother

Post Tue, Feb 07 2012, 4:58 pm
I need recommendations please for at home things to strengthen whatever the muscles needed for a painfully slow writer due to weakness.

I was thinking to buy putty with beads but don't know what to get. Or any other ideas, but not actually writing because that won't happen, thanks.

amother

Post Tue, Feb 07 2012, 5:25 pm
There are many muscles that can contributed to slow writing Smile I would really have to evaluate before saying what can help. Are there any other areas of difficulty that you think are related? That can help me determine where the weakness is.

SingALong

Post Tue, Feb 07 2012, 11:18 pm
I recommend getting a proper evaluation from a licensed OT and he/she can determine the right exercises/equipment to use. For example, there are several different types of putty, harder-easier...an evaluation can help determine which exact kind to use. Too much or wrong exercise may even damage weak muscles. After evaluation, an OT can give you a home exercise program thats right for your child.

Strudel

Post Wed, Feb 08 2012, 12:11 am
I'm an OT-turned-stay-at-home-mother, does that count?!

You really should get your child evaluated, but in the meantime try searching for equipment at The Therapy Shoppe, and A Pocket Full of Therapy (PFOT.com).
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics