Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Mont Tremblant, Canada?

Tapuzi

Post Sat, Jun 11 2011, 7:41 pm
My parents may be going to Montreal for a few days this month and they are interested in visiting a resort area nearby. Has anyone been to Mont Tremblant in the summer? What is there to do? Is there kosher food? I would love any suggestions regarding where to stay/ what to do in Mont Tremblant or anywhere a short trip from Monteal this time of year. TIA

Basimcha

Post Sat, Jun 11 2011, 10:20 pm
We were there a few years ago. At that time there wasn't any kosher food yet.However, I think that chabad opened up a kosher restaurant...try googling it.

We enjoyed it very much. There is an enclosed chair lift once you get on top of the mountain you can walk around the view is stunning. You can hike back down, bike down or the the chair lift back down. There is also alpine slides --we had a great time! Enjoy

mizle10

Post Sun, Jun 12 2011, 12:39 am
I grew up in montreal, about an hour away from Tremblant. I was there last summer and as far as I know theres no kosher restaurant. If you drive about half an hour theres a tiny kosher grocery store that has a drop of take out, like pizza and fries.

Tapuzi

Post Sun, Jun 12 2011, 6:17 am
Where is that grocery? My parents are not too outdoorsy, they really just want a hotel with a nice outdoor pool area? Any recommendations?

canadamom

Post Sun, Jun 12 2011, 6:27 am
if they want to go to mont tremblant, which is beautiful, there is a chabad there, they have a shul with minyanim in the summer, and can provide food, on their website there is a list of hotels that give a discount if you mention chabad. look it up. if they just want to relax, without the worry of food, there is a kosher hotel in the laurentians, Shrekey's hotel, I don't know the number, maybe chabad of tremblant would know it. good luck

Mommy F.

Post Tue, Feb 07 2012, 4:44 pm
http://www.chabadmonttremblant.com/

try that site
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics