Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Ksa

There4you

Post Fri, Feb 10 2012, 4:09 am
is ksa a reliable hechsher? specifically for oil. I looked it up online and it looks good

amother

Post Fri, Feb 10 2012, 7:39 am
Why don't you ask your rav?

amother

Post Fri, Feb 10 2012, 7:48 am
From what I heard KSA is a reliable hechsher. It's from a Lubavitcher Rabbi.

shanie5

Post Fri, Feb 10 2012, 2:58 pm
I have a printout from our rav on acceptable hechsherim. ksa is on it.

mamacita

Post Sat, Feb 11 2012, 11:16 pm
I contact the Chicago Rabbinical council and asked about this hecksher and was told that products originating from China were a problem, but those made in the US with this mark were fine.

There4you

Post Sun, Feb 12 2012, 7:32 am
thanks mamasita, I didn't know who to ask. I live overseas.

chanchy123

Post Sun, Apr 13 2014, 4:29 am
Does anyone have any current info on this hechsher? I've seen some spices on Iherb with this hechsher and I wonder if this it is a reliable hechsher, I live in Israel and eat regular rabbanut kosher here, but I don't have a local Orthodox Rabbi knowledgeable about LA hechsherim to ask.

chani8

Post Sun, Apr 13 2014, 4:58 am
chanchy123 wrote:
Does anyone have any current info on this hechsher? I've seen some spices on Iherb with this hechsher and I wonder if this it is a reliable hechsher, I live in Israel and eat regular rabbanut kosher here, but I don't have a local Orthodox Rabbi knowledgeable about LA hechsherim to ask.

OMGosh, I was getting ready to tell you, come on, it's kosher already. But just in case, I googled "KSA hechsher" and what I read was shock shock

I'm not sure, but it seems the head of KSA Binyomin Lisbon has been arrested multiple times and has a police record for soliciting harlots and is accused of other yukky stuff.

IMO, if the head of the kashrus organization has no morals, then we cannot trust the hechsher. Just yuck.

chanchy123

Post Sun, Apr 13 2014, 5:01 am
chani8 wrote:
OMGosh, I was getting ready to tell you, come on, it's kosher already. But just in case, I googled "KSA hechsher" and what I read was shock shock

I'm not sure, but it seems the head of KSA Binyomin Lisbon has been arrested multiple times and has a police record for soliciting harlots and is accused of other yukky stuff.

IMO, if the head of the kashrus organization has no morals, then we cannot trust the hechsher. Just yuck.

This came up when I googled it too. But this is an old story things may have changed

MaBelleVie

Post Sun, Apr 13 2014, 8:34 am
The CRC, which is not known to be super machmir, does not have it on their list of recommended symbols. However, I know people who are careful about these things who do eat it. So it seems to be one of those things.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen