Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers
Pet giveaway
1  2  Next

amother

Post Mon, Nov 27 2006, 6:07 am
Giving away our cuddly loving guinea pig of one year. With cage and accessories, books on caring for him, and whatever pet food we have left.
He's cotton-ball white with a patch of light brown.

Make an offer and it's yours.

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Dec 07 2006, 12:29 pm
What's his name?

amother

Post Thu, Dec 07 2006, 12:32 pm
are you giving it away or do you expect payment?

[/quote]Giving away our cuddly loving guinea pig of one year
Make an offer and it's yours.[quote]

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Dec 07 2006, 1:02 pm
Tell me more about its personality!

de_goldy

Post Thu, Dec 07 2006, 1:20 pm
lol - personality?

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Dec 07 2006, 1:32 pm
You know...what it's like? Friendly, bites, sleeps a lot, whatever.

greenfire

Post Thu, Dec 07 2006, 3:38 pm
That's funny, my daughter had a pet rat that ran away - it was pretty, white & gentle. Then she got a different one and shortly after returned it to the owner saying it was physco.

Now she has 2 baby kitties - she loves them but, I think they're forever in that terrible twos stage (in other words physco)

Basically, I understand the personality inquiry CM is asking.

Mommy3.5

Post Thu, Dec 07 2006, 4:56 pm
MY BROTHER HAS DWARF HAMSTERS... oops....the guy in the pet store told him not to get them because they all have napolean complexs! Very true! Nasty little things!

Piper

Post Thu, Dec 07 2006, 5:28 pm
lol. Even my DDs hermit crabs have personalities.

GAMZu

Post Thu, Dec 07 2006, 8:03 pm
Oooh, I want, I want!
You can PM me if you want to see if we live in the same area.
(Boy, is DH going to give it to me for this! Wink )

amother

Post Thu, Dec 07 2006, 8:15 pm
I hadn't heard from anyone here who wants our adorable pet so I posted on Craigslist. Within 12 hours I got about 7 responses from people who want it immediately!
Honestly, I want to be sure we give him to someone who will take at least as good care as he is used to. I was feeling a tad uncomfortable giving him to an unknown stranger off Craigslist....
When I logged onto Imamother I saw some responses, and I got excited. I'd love to give him to someone who will take very good care of him.
He's got a real nice personality. He does not click well with my dd who is not very verbal when she handles him. The guinea pig just doesn't communicate with her. Doesn't jump up when dd is around. But my other dd, that's another story. She and guinea pig click real well. She talks to him in a very soothing tone, and whenever she is around he squeals to her, jumps up and waits for her to come talk to him. Whenever he hears the sound of a bag, say his food, or if I'm opening a bag of potato chips he screams for some. (can't have any food containing salt or sugar). He loves stalk celery, apples, and kirbies.
On the downside, he requires considerable care. His cage must be cleaned daily. In all the time we've had him he has not needed veterenarian attention. I take it to mean we have taken real good care of him.
The cage cost us about 80 bucks, the books and accessories about 50 more. The guinea pig itself, bet. 10 and 20 bucks, can't recall.
The reason I am asking for money is because my concern is that any kid on the block will want to take him. And I want to give him to someone who is serious about taking care of him. So I figure if I ask for at least SOME payment, I'll get a more serious buyer....
Hey, pets DO have personality, you better believe it! Our hamsters are the cutest creatures, so fun and playful and yummy! My kids wanted the white mice but I absolutely refused to have something with a tail!

bluesclues

Post Fri, Dec 08 2006, 4:44 am
delete

Last edited by bluesclues on Fri, Dec 08 2006, 4:49 am; edited 1 time in total

faigie

Post Fri, Dec 08 2006, 4:48 am
I had a crazy kitty. and then I discovered basch flowers ........ I gave said kitty three drops of resuce remedy in her water daily. I got INSTANT change.
ps when she grew up she grew out of the crazies....... and off of the rescue remedy

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Dec 08 2006, 7:46 am
Well, that's the first I ever heard of a homeopathic remedy ( I assume that's what it is) for a pet!

Listen, someone else should take the pet, DD is over 17 - let it go to a young child!

BUT WHAT IT HIS NAME !!!!!!!!!

faigie

Post Fri, Dec 08 2006, 9:16 am
nope , as it turns out rescue remedy was for people! I just didnt know that, becuase the name, rescue remedy, made me think that the preparation was made for rescued pets. as in rescued from the pound or something.....

bandcm

Post Sat, Dec 09 2006, 2:37 pm
So if you are asking for payment, you shouldn´t say that you are giving him away.
Out of curiosity - why are you getting rid of him?

amother

Post Sat, Dec 09 2006, 3:16 pm
My son has left to an overseas yeshiva this past Cheshvan. He used tp take care of it and nobody else around here is interested in taking over.

That's why we are giving him away. DD claims she has enough caretaking to do with her own pets.

GAMZu

Post Sat, Dec 09 2006, 7:53 pm
How much are you asking? I've had hamsters, a rooster, cockatiels and fish. I'd be totally dedicated to it. (Although you don't know me well from here, I'd be willing to keep you updated about him. Please PM me with the $ you are asking, or post it on the thread...)

amother

Post Sat, Dec 09 2006, 8:16 pm
Gamzu, where do you live?
Would you provide phone no. of reference, so I can verify that you would not be cruel to the pet?

GAMZu

Post Sat, Dec 09 2006, 10:53 pm
Sure, but not on here! Very Happy
Write me a PM and I'll give you my info by email. But first I need to know the price cuz $ is tight.

BTW, I am impressed how you handle this. Not at all like the woman I heard casually saying, "Yeah, I got my son a parakeet, but it died over Pesach. Couldn't feed it, you know..."
Exploding anger Mad Shooting Arrow
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics