Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Very mild chicken pox

shall I go ahead with the party?
NO party  
 58%  [ 20 ]
YES party  
 41%  [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 34

modernfrum

Post Tue, Feb 14 2012, 8:18 am
Hi,
My daughter is just 5 yrs old ,
last night she had a fever and this morning woke up with just 5 small chicken pox spots very tiny can't even notice, and now she feeling very well like normal and shes very active.
Since I planned a birthday party tomorrow for 10 girls, and shes desperate for it, shall I go ahead even though shes absolutely fine with tidy unnoticeable spots or cancel it?
(I read somewhere that if the child has less than 15 spots and feels absolutely fine then is allowed to go back to school)
I would appreciate for your comments and though.
thank you
Chava

ChaniH

Post Tue, Feb 14 2012, 8:22 am
chicken pox is extremely contagious! what if one kid hasn't had there shots?

RachelEve14

Post Tue, Feb 14 2012, 8:25 am
No, you should not. They are talking about 10 spots at the end, not at the beginning when the pox have just come out.

At the very least, you must tell all the parents your dd has the pox and let them decide for themselves. It's usually a harmless childhood thing, but there are times it can be dangerous (mostly if a woman has not had them is pregnant, children with suppressed immune systems, and young babies).

Refua Shalama!

middy

Post Tue, Feb 14 2012, 8:46 am
If she just developed spots she is still contagious and can make pregnant women or older people sick. I would say no

INSPIREME

Post Tue, Feb 14 2012, 10:44 am
Call your Dr.....and let all the parents know

ilic

Post Tue, Feb 14 2012, 11:34 am
I echo to cancel the party, sorry.

I have two kids with chicken pox right now, I've been home for days and going crazy so I can understand your frustration. But just so you know according to my doctor it can take up to 4 days for all the spots to come out, so she could wake up tomorrow with many more. One of my kids only had 3 spots for two days, and now she is covered poor thing.

Chicken pox is catchy from about a week before the spots appear till they have all crusted over. In the UK most children don't get vaccinated for chicken pox so even people she has been with the past few days could catch it too.

overthehill

Post Tue, Feb 14 2012, 11:41 am
How could you even think of concealing such a thing from people?

To someone who is imuno compromised and has no idea that they might be exposed....it could be lethal.

No illness/sickness no matter how mild YOU feel, is acceptable to pass on to people.

Of course your child will be disappointed...but that is part of life. Stuff happens. and you deal with it. Not hide it.

yksraya

Post Tue, Feb 14 2012, 11:44 am
chicken pox starts mildly and sometimes it can get really terrible. even if it doesn't get worse, it is contagious and many kids get it more then once. I would not have other kids around my kid when s/he has chicken pox.

Pandabeer

Post Tue, Feb 14 2012, 11:48 am
ask these 10 moms if the girls had been vaccinated or had chicknpox. if they did, then you can go ahead
refuah shleima

modernfrum

Post Tue, Feb 14 2012, 12:57 pm
hi!
Of course I would never conceal from people that's why I wanted to hear from other mothers, and I've decided to cancel the party and postponed to another day. Smile
thanks a lot for your comments I really appreciate it very much!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics