Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
REALLY green poop

amother

Post Thu, Feb 16 2012, 12:42 am
Should I be worried about my 3 y/o's REALLY green poop? (sorry, TMI)

It happens relatively frequently lately. And he had it before when he was younger, too. But I've honestly never seen it THIS green!

He ate a lot of fruit loops yesterday.... which do have a ton of food coloring... but even last weekend he had some really green poo that made my MIL comment on it (and that was before I bought the froot loops)

Should I worry? Call the doctor???

neveralone

Post Thu, Feb 16 2012, 1:26 am
is he taking iron supplument? that can really do that!

momof2sofar

Post Thu, Feb 16 2012, 6:16 am
whenever my kids eat fruit loops their poop turns green. Once thay had rainbow ice cream and their poo was neon. It can also happen if a kid eats a lot of sweets.

You can call the dr. but that is probably what it is.

Mimisinger

Post Thu, Feb 16 2012, 6:19 am
My kids had that from blue ice cream. It freaked me out until I figured out what it was.

amother

Post Thu, Feb 16 2012, 7:46 am
I used to get worried and call the doctor every time my kids had green poop, but they always said not to worry. I finally stopped calling.

Green poop can be caused by food coloring, eating green vegetables, or if the poop moves to wuickly through the intestinal track, it comes out with some green bile still in it. That would only be a problem if it was happening on a very regular basis.

mommyla

Post Thu, Feb 16 2012, 8:06 am
My son has bright green poop whenever I give him the blue children's Advil. Has your son had any colored medicine lately? I've noticed it on myself once or twice - disgustingly enough - after a stomach flu and living on Gatorade. Food coloring can be very powerful!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics