Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
My therapy session

amother

Post Sat, Mar 03 2012, 7:09 pm
Hi. I'd like to share with you a therapy session that has changed me. Hope it can help someone out there.
I went to see her since I couldn't stand the way I behaved sometimes. I'm by nature a good person that likes to work on middos and have connection to Hashem but as soon as I was stressed I would let go. Let go could mean from harmless as eating a bar of chocolate to chatting on line with some dangerous guy! My therapist explained to me that since I grew up in a house where emotions and feelings were never shared thus most little things that I couldn't handle with I felt I was to blame and therefore end up doing crazy things.
She explained The way to change this I must change my mindset. So for example I would get really upset if my husband criticised me so when he left house I would sometimes go online or binge. Instead I must say loud and clear to myself hi its ok to be upset I was criticised it hurt me I am normal for feeling like thisBUT its not ok to binge now. Love yourself sympathies with yourself. Once your calm you can decide what to next.
My days are so different ever since.!!! I always speak loud and say its OK to feel like this and elaborate what your upset about then I say BUT not ok to lie,binge etc
Dont get me wrong I dont bottle things up I chose a better approach once I'm calm like talking it thru with husband or seeing how right he was but still doesn't take away my right to be upset.

amother

Post Sat, Mar 03 2012, 9:24 pm
Can you share your therapist's name? Smile It's hard to find a good one. Sad

amother

Post Sun, Mar 11 2012, 12:51 am
thank you for sharing op!!

I am also a binge eater and come from a home where no one cared if I was upset.

I will try this next time I feel the urge to binge.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics