Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Fish
Stovetop salmon?

hadasa

Post Wed, Oct 12 2011, 7:31 am
I delayed taking my salmon out of the freezer and now it won't defrost in time for me to bake it before YT. Any ideas for stovetop salmon?

shoemaker

Post Wed, Oct 12 2011, 7:55 am
make a mayo & ketchup dip. coat with bread crumbs ,and fry.

Raisin

Post Wed, Oct 12 2011, 8:28 am
you can poach it. (cook in water) google poaching instructions for salmon.

obagys

Post Wed, Oct 12 2011, 8:35 am
Place salmon in large frying pan and fill 1/3 of the way with water. Place salmon inside the pan and pour duck sauce over the salmon (generously). Sprinkle some spices (salt, garlic powder, paprika, black pepper, etc) on top of each piece and bring to a boil. Adjust flame and simmer for approx. 20-25 minutes (or until done). I always make it this way, it is basically fool-proof and tastes yummy.

Raisin

Post Wed, Oct 12 2011, 8:40 am
just in case you do not have any duck sauce around Wink the caterer here poaches salmon in water only and it is delicious. You can make a sauce on the side (mayo, dill, lemon juice) Its great hot or cold.

Grandmama

Post Wed, Oct 12 2011, 10:05 am
Raisin wrote:
just in case you do not have any duck sauce around Wink the caterer here poaches salmon in water only and it is delicious. You can make a sauce on the side (mayo, dill, lemon juice) Its great hot or cold.

I buy a whole salmon, and slice it at the table. I have a huge long pan specially for this purpose, it has an extra piece that lifts the fish out of the water. I have been using if for years. The poached salmon sits on a bed of onions, and all I add is garlic and salt. It cooks up in half an hour, and stays moist and delicious. I do serve sauce like a tartar sauce or a dill sauce on the side, but it tastes moist without it as well.
(I tell my fish store to fillet it, and cut it so that it opens like a book. The call it booked salmon)

hadasa

Post Wed, Oct 12 2011, 10:50 am
Thank you, everyone! I managed to bake in the end, but I'll save you ideas for later. Gut yom tov!

mushi

Post Thu, Mar 22 2012, 7:42 pm
B"H

Crispy Skin Salmon

Sprinkle the salmon with, EVO, salt and pepper. Place the salmon skin side down in the pan. Place the pan over medium-low heat. Increase the heat to high and cook the salmon for 2 to 3 minutes, or until the skin of the salmon is golden brown. Turn the salmon and cook for 1 to 2 minutes longer, or until the salmon is just cooked through.

hadasa

Post Sat, Mar 24 2012, 5:24 pm
Thank you for posting. What does EVO mean?

Raisin

Post Sat, Mar 24 2012, 6:08 pm
hadasa wrote:
Thank you for posting. What does EVO mean?

extra virgin olive oil.

mushi

Post Sun, Mar 25 2012, 10:51 am
B"H
Thanks for explaining my acronym Smile
I just came across this site for salmon and other fish recipes...you may find it interesting. (has to be adapted for Kosher and Pesach, but that's easy.)

http://browse.realsimple.com/f.....-2012
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics