Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Please help me complete idea for farmer theme

elmos

Post Mon, Jan 16 2012, 4:58 pm
thinking of maybe doing farmers theme dressing everyone in jeans plaid shirt and a bandana and pigtails for my daughter ez and cheap costume. need some mm ideas I usually do homemade thinking
candy apple and??
or carrots and dip
apple or carrot muffin and drink
open to other ideas please help me want to be creative but not expensive as we gove to many

lkwdmommy

Post Mon, Jan 16 2012, 5:00 pm
milk and cheese danish?

spring13

Post Mon, Jan 16 2012, 5:39 pm
try to find bottles of milk with cow-themed decoration.

corn muffins or cornbread with pats of butter and little jars of jam would be cute and yummy. I like giving real food like that, but it wouldn't be too expensive or complicated. the presentation can count for a lot with a theme like this - little baskets, checkered napkins, straw, that kind of thing.

baskrox

Post Mon, Jan 23 2012, 10:46 am
We did this. We put our mishloach manos in straw hats - we bought 2 dozen from oriental trading. We also bought easter "eggs" from oriental and filled them with marshmallows. mini apple pies. mini milk bottles. fruit. chocolate animals - bought chocolate mold on ebay.

yksraya

Post Mon, Jan 23 2012, 10:50 am
use straw baskets filled with red and white gingham fabric or tissue. bake any danishes or muffins and put a cappuccino drink.

baskrox

Post Mon, Jan 23 2012, 11:56 am
You can also do any kind of salad - all fruits and veggies come from the farm...

racz

Post Mon, Jan 23 2012, 1:39 pm
we did this 3 years ago, we were farmers and my newborn was a corn on the cob. Our Mishloach Manot was some of our best crop, we did cherry tomatoes, baby carrots, apple, apple sauce in a container (There was some other things but can't remember off hand)
We did plad shirts, My big kids (9 & 11) then wore denim overalls. we all had straw hats. DH and myself wore plad shirt and black bottoms.

simchamommy

Post Mon, Jan 23 2012, 2:41 pm
you can make chocolate haystacks (aka chocolate covered pretzel stix in a clump)

Dini20

Post Mon, Jan 23 2012, 10:02 pm
Simchamommy that's such a cute idea! I've also seen the haystacks made with the thin chinese noodles covered in chocolate.

elmos

Post Tue, Jan 24 2012, 12:23 am
thanks for all the ideas I was going to order theese cute carrot hats from oriental trading but they just sold out and make carrot muffins send some type of juice box or small juice bottle and maybe fresh fruit or an "easter" plastic egg filled with some type candy looking like fruit or veg.
have to see what we now put it in def. going to do carrot muffins not sure hwat else I want it to look cute but I can't spend alot b"h we have many neighbors and friends to give

elmos

Post Wed, Jan 25 2012, 1:40 am
please tell me if this is cute or cheap and tacky we adults are farmers one child is a cucumber one is a tomato I found small carrot cellophane shaped bags I can fit a carrot muffin in it and a plastic egg that I can put gummy candies in or I may be a able to get the mini box drinks into it so I can do a fruit juice all things from the farm . Waiting for a sample bag to come but doubt all 3 can go in please be honest and tell me what you think.

Pineapple

Post Thu, Jan 26 2012, 8:14 pm
Sounds cute!

ra_mom

Post Fri, Jan 27 2012, 10:23 am
Sounds adorable elmos.
Be aware that the carrot bags are tiny. They are usually filled with some candy corn, then tied with a wrapper, and nothing else fits inside.
Someone I know used them as an addition in their MM.
Let us know what size yours are when they come.

elmos

Post Thu, Mar 01 2012, 12:32 am
the bag holds the cupcake/muffin and egg perfectly will tie to applu juice

letschat

Post Thu, Mar 01 2012, 1:29 am
You can put in animal crackers

chocolate chips

Post Thu, Mar 01 2012, 8:34 am
Hey I was planning on making ds a farmer because he has an outfit that makes him look like one...
thanks for additional ideas ladies. Looks like I will be looking for farmer hats for all of us over the next couple days Smile
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics