Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Uppababy G-Luxe VS Maclaren

amother

Post Mon, Jul 11 2011, 5:53 am
Anyone own the uppababy Gluxe? What are the pros and cons? I'm looking for a good lightweight stroller and im trying to decided between this and the Maclaren. I heard the uppababy has a better sunshade. Anyone know which one has a smoother ride?

Thanks!

amother

Post Mon, Jul 11 2011, 6:20 am
I have the Chicco Lightway which is a really awesome lightweight stroller. It reclines really far back and is easy to fold. We took it with us to Israel and it was easy to stow in the small cars they have there and also really easy to fold and put away when we took buses. It is a little cheaper than the Maclaran. I tested both and I really like it. I have the UppaBaby Vista as my regular stroller but have never seen the G-Luxe.

amother

Post Mon, Jul 11 2011, 9:52 am
thanks amother! anyone have any opinion on the g luxe??

amother

Post Fri, Jul 15 2011, 2:18 pm
bump!

amother

Post Tue, Jul 26 2011, 11:59 am
anyone have the uppababy g luxe???

MaBelleVie

Post Tue, Jul 26 2011, 1:21 pm
There are lots of reviews on Amazon Smile

tdot2mtl

Post Tue, Jul 26 2011, 1:26 pm
hi I have the gluxe. I really like it. I have the vista also, but I needed something for my car because it was too heavy to lift in and out. the gluxe is supposedly the lightest reclining umbrella stroller on the market. and it is very light! folds super easy, dd finds it very comfortable. has an extra pull down hood (like the vista) that is spf 50 and extra protection, cup holder which is great. not a bad sized basket (for an umbrella stroller), and there is a strap on the back if you need to carry the stroller over your shoulder. I am very happy with it. cons are the reclining is made in a way that its sort of annoying to pull up and down, you have to get the hang of it, but at first its annoying. its easily cleanable. also, I really like uppa baby's service. I had a problem with the front wheel, I emailed them, and one day later, no questions asked, I had new wheels sent to me in the mail. you cant beat that! overall, I'd recommend it.

tdot2mtl

Post Tue, Jul 26 2011, 1:27 pm
oh, I see you asked about a smooth ride. yes, we took it on a bumpy path hike, and it was very good.

seeker

Post Tue, Jul 26 2011, 1:49 pm
Keeping an eye on this thread... I have an old Maclaren that I got handed down but it's missing the hood which is a big downer for me. And no basket. So it looks like I'm in the market for a new stroller, lol.

Can you get one of these low-cost, light umbrella strollers and not need anything else?

How do the basket sizes and convenience compare on the different strollers discussed here? I envision taking it on errands around the neighborhood, though I'd take the car for my big supermarket hauls.

#1mama

Post Mon, Mar 05 2012, 8:32 am
Bump.

nycgal

Post Mon, Mar 05 2012, 10:04 am
I also have the G-luxe and I'm very happy with it. I have it for 2 years and it still is in great condition. The fold is great- you only need your hands to fold it. It seems more durable and easier to push than the maclaren.

amother

Post Mon, Mar 05 2012, 10:06 am
I bought the Uppa Baby G-luxe over the Maclaren because I found a used one on Ebay for $40 (retails for $180). I was considering either.

I have the Vista as a regular stroller, but needed a stroller for travelling and subway.

My baby hates it, and all umbrella strollers b/c she is used to being high up, so still don't take on long walks or shopping.

It is a great lightweight stroller, I have climbed three flights of steps while holding 24 lb child, purse and stroller strapped over my shoulder. (broken escalator)

Pros - very durable, took on plane and the luggage folks try and break everything Smile
Lightweight with carrying strap
Sun shade
reclines

Cons - safety straps, very small, baby is large and she will outgrow too soon - Maclaren has better straps and I think will last long (size wise). If I was buying new, I probably would have chosen it for this reason alone.

EmesOrNT

Post Mon, Mar 05 2012, 11:57 am
I have the Maclaren Quest Denim.

I use it mainly in and out of the car, not really for major walking, but the few blocks I have walked were smooth.

It folds easily, is very lightweight, and has a safe, 5 point harness. It doesn't recline ALL the way, but enough for my baby to nap if necessary.

I like that the color, denim, doesn't look dirty or faded after being thrown in and out of the car.

The problems with it are the basket, and the fact that it is lightweight. The basket is small, and I really don't use it, but again - I use it for traveling, so I don't really need it.

Another problem is that if my diaper bag is hanging on the handles and I take the baby out, the carriage will fall. But that's to be expected with a lightweight stroller.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics