Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers
ISO lakewood dentist
1  2  Next

be good

Post Tue, Mar 13 2012, 11:26 am
I will only have dental insurance for the next couple of months, so I want someone whos prices will be reasonable. also someone who will be able to gove me appointments soon. most importantly, someone who knows what they are doing, and are good at it!

I have seen a few advertised:
Wasserman and Polinsky
Neptune Dental- Ginsberg, Pagonis, Esposito, and Gavrilis
Jonathan S. Ungar -digitally enhanced

And reviews, or other recommendations?

thanks!!

sky

Post Tue, Mar 13 2012, 11:45 am
I use Wasserman and Polinsky .
I'm very happy with them. Dental hygenists are pleasant. They are honest and won't do work that is not needed.
Not sure about the appointments.
They also don't except all insurance (I have Guardian insurance which they do not accept so I have a high out of network deductible)

Chayalle

Post Tue, Mar 13 2012, 11:53 am
sky wrote:
I use Wasserman and Polinsky .
I'm very happy with them. Dental hygenists are pleasant. They are honest and won't do work that is not needed.
Not sure about the appointments.
They also don't except all insurance (I have Guardian insurance which they do not accept so I have a high out of network deductible)

Same here, I'm very happy with them. I have Delta Dental.

mamaleh

Post Tue, Mar 13 2012, 11:57 am
Chemed also has dental. They are supposed to be very good (I haven't gotten there yet) and if you don't have insurance you pay on a sliding scale.
I used Wasserman once- if you want details PM me. The others I have no experience with.

SS6099

Post Tue, Mar 13 2012, 12:33 pm
I use Wasserman and Polinsky too. Very happy with them.

bargainlover

Post Tue, Aug 06 2013, 9:58 am
looking at dentists in Lakewood - I am new here. Have jersey care and so far only found Lakewood family dental and Sinai dentisty that takes my insurance. Anyone use them and can give me info on them? Thanks so much!

mamaleh

Post Tue, Aug 06 2013, 11:37 am
bargainlover wrote:
looking at dentists in Lakewood - I am new here. Have jersey care and so far only found Lakewood family dental and Sinai dentisty that takes my insurance. Anyone use them and can give me info on them? Thanks so much!

CHEMED should take your insurance & their Dental is supposed to be very good.

sunshine!

Post Tue, Aug 06 2013, 12:29 pm
Chemed is overloaded and has been sending patients out for anything more than simple procedures... If you need a root canal or anything complicated you won't be treated there...

bargainlover

Post Tue, Aug 06 2013, 12:31 pm
thanks so much! any specific dentist there?

mamaleh

Post Tue, Aug 06 2013, 2:21 pm
sunshine! wrote:
Chemed is overloaded and has been sending patients out for anything more than simple procedures... If you need a root canal or anything complicated you won't be treated there...

I assumed that she was talking about pediatric dental because Jersey Care does not cover adult dental.

Chemed's pediatric dental is not as busy as far as I know.

bargainlover

Post Tue, Aug 06 2013, 2:45 pm
I see Chemed takes jersey care for dental - BH I am expecting so I am covered. Is there anyone you can reccomend at Chemed - have a deep cavity! thanks loads!

lkwdmommy

Post Tue, Aug 06 2013, 2:49 pm
From what I have heard, it's almost impossible to get into Chemed dentistry, especially if you are not a patient there.

baker1

Post Tue, Aug 06 2013, 2:53 pm
Used chemed, but switched out because I was not happy.
1- They cancelled appts on me and my friend on more then one occasion.
2- they are a clinic so they get paid from insurance for each visit, not what they do at the visit. That means, they will only fill one cavity at a time because it is not worth it for them to do more.
3- I was happy with only one dentist- Dr. Todres, it was very hard to get an appt with him and now he opened his own practice! I was not happy about seeing a different dentist each time.

I now use Lakewood Pediatric dental, Dr. George and I am very happy.

lkwdmommy

Post Tue, Aug 06 2013, 2:56 pm
How did you get to Dr. George in Lakewood Pediatric? I have him for one DS but can't get him for the others because they claim he's too busy Sad

bargainlover

Post Tue, Aug 06 2013, 3:07 pm
Thanks for all your replies! Much appreciated!! So I want to use Chemed for myself for dental. BH they had a cancellation so I have an appt tonight for a cleaning. Then I can schedule an appt. to fill my cavity. So any reccomendations on whos good at chemed?

mamaleh

Post Tue, Aug 06 2013, 3:45 pm
Are you sure Jersey care is going to cover YOUR dental. Jersey care is MEDICAL insurance, even if you qualified (which many adults do) they only cover dental care through age 18, as far as I know. Chemed does have a sliding scale & it could be that if you have Jersey care you automatically are at the bottom of the pay scale, but I don't think your Jersey Care actually covers dental.

lkwdmommy

Post Tue, Aug 06 2013, 3:50 pm
Yeah-if you're pregnant, Jersey Care covers everything: Dental, Eye exam and new glasses, Support hose and shoes...Uncle Sam takes care of his nieces and her yet unborn kids Very Happy

studying_torah

Post Tue, Aug 06 2013, 6:38 pm
I went to Dr Ungar, and did not like him- his attitude and his work.
Went to Wasserman/polinsky and was very happy. (don't recall which one I saw- it was the younger dentist).
No dentist is inexpensive, but Wasserman was willing to work with us, whereas Unger was not.

baker1

Post Tue, Aug 06 2013, 7:49 pm
lkwdmommy wrote:
How did you get to Dr. George in Lakewood Pediatric? I have him for one DS but can't get him for the others because they claim he's too busy Sad

I just called and got appt's. It was a year ago or two, by now he may be too full I don't know...

Good luck!

bargainlover

Post Wed, Aug 28 2013, 11:47 am
BUMP
I am desperate for a reccomendation of a dentist who accepts jersey care and is good! I tried chemed but am still in major major agony. thanks!!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics