Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Frum Hotels in Williamsburg

Bleemee

Post Tue, Mar 13 2012, 4:35 pm
Have you stayed at any of the hotels in Williamsburg? I am looking for a nice hotel near Manhattan, with frum conveniences like shuls and mikvaos nearby. I think there are a couple-- can you tell me about your experience?

Bleemee

Post Tue, Mar 13 2012, 4:36 pm
I see from a different thread that there's Condor and Pointe Plaza. What are they like?

celestial

Post Tue, Mar 13 2012, 6:11 pm
I've stayed in the Condor Hotel - my whole family did as well, for the days before my wedding. It's a really nice boutique hotel. My mom made me check it out before we made reservations, and this is my report to her:
The surrounding area is mostly the Chassidic neighborhood of Williamsburg. There is a big kosher grocery store around the corner with an ice cream parlor inside. (Please keep me away from this before my wedding!)
The alleyway near the hotel had a bunch of what looked like old mattresses stacked up. There was a parking lot across the street, but it looked like a private one you would have to buy a spot in. It seemed like it might not be super easy to find parking, but probably in the general surrounding blocks there should be something. There are a few buses that are nearby.

Once inside, it gave the impression of being pretty small. But the decor was very nice, and it smelled and felt very clean, sanitary, and welcoming. The decorations were modern and they had cold lemonade at the front desk, and attentive and polite people behind the counter. There were a bunch of Chassidim in the lobby area, who seemed like they worked there or helped manage it somehow. When I told them I had family coming in who had reservations and that I wanted to check out the place, they quickly and happily accommodated me and immediately gave me a tour. They showed me an open handicapped room on the first floor first, and it was very clean and welcoming. The room was more narrow than your standard Marriot - it was sort of small, in fact, but seems perfectly manageable and comfortable. It had a decent sized bathroom with the amenities you would expect, and a decent sized closet. There was a small porch/patio as well with no furniture.

They then showed me the lounge and outdoor area, which were lovely (besides for some fake grass). Once again everything seemed very clean and orderly and efficient and pleasant.
Finally, I saw the dining room, which was in the basement where they serve breakfast. Still clean and orderly, everything was packed up but I could see where they had an omelette bar, lots of cereals, and space for what I would imagine is a pretty decent spread.

All in all, I think you and the other guests will be very comfortable there, and it passed by test.

Probably more info than you were expecting Smile Hope it helps.

Tzutzie

Post Tue, Mar 13 2012, 6:55 pm
I live in williamsburg so I don't think I'll ever get to visit these hotels... anyhow, as far as I know, the furnishings at Condor Hotel is a more modern style and Pointe Plaza Hotel has a shul on premesis and has bigger rooms... either way, enjoy your stay!

Mama Bear

Post Tue, Mar 13 2012, 8:25 pm
you can check out pictures at www.condorny.com and www.pointeplazahotel.com
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries