Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Poopy clothing anyone??

picklelover

Post Thu, Mar 22 2012, 11:11 pm
My baby is 9 months old ka"h and I've accumulated an entire laundry bag full of clothing that got all poopy... I know the best thing is to wash it off right away but sometimes I simply can't do it right away and I find that if I don't do it right away, then I keep avoiding it cuz it grosses me out and when I finally get inspired to do it, its all hard and the clothing gets stuck together.. so I just don't end up doing it..
Any advice?? I wish I can just give it in to a place that will be able to clean them!

yksraya

Post Thu, Mar 22 2012, 11:57 pm
try soaking it overnight in any good stain-remover. use rubber gloves when taking it out to put into wash machine.

amother

Post Fri, Mar 23 2012, 12:47 am
OMG! The machine does the scrubbing, no washboards in a lake nowadays.
Just soak them overnight, and then let the machine do the work.
What do you do? Buy more clothes? Poop is a fact of life.

EmesOrNT

Post Fri, Mar 23 2012, 1:15 am
How do you have a bag full of poopy clothing? My 10 month old made through his diaper once. I had poop in underpants when I was toilet training, but not a bag full!! I'm very confused.

picklelover

Post Fri, Mar 23 2012, 1:29 am
I don't know! at first I tried all diff kinds till I found huggies is the best but he's a chubby kid and he keeps getting in the in-between sizes like one size is too small so he leaks, and the next size up is too big so even if I try to make it tight there is still room...!
also, after a few weeks, I learned exactly how to put on his diaper so that it's on perfectly (centered, pull out the edges, pull up in the back.. etc) but whenever my mother changes him, it's not on perfectly and that's mainly when he leaks..

Inspired

Post Fri, Mar 23 2012, 2:51 am
If you are in America, spray them with oxi clean then soak them, then rinse then wash. Then hang them in the sun to dry, sunning gets out poop stains very well.

questioner

Post Fri, Mar 23 2012, 11:56 am
I've had success spraying with Resolve, soaking overnight in washing machine w/ detergent and Oxi Clean powder and then washing. In my last load, something didn't come out though and I'm at a loss what to do.
Rinsing and hanging in the sun to dry works also, but I save that for onesies because it bleaches the fabric also.

Fabulous

Post Fri, Mar 23 2012, 12:03 pm
I don't really have poopy clothing bh but I do find that oxyclean powder with hot water soaked overnight takes out most stains. Then wash as usual.

5*Mom

Post Sat, Mar 24 2012, 5:05 pm
Another vote for the amazing bleaching power of the SUN. Use your regular stain remover, wash as usual and let sit in the sun. If it dries b4 the stains are completely bleached out, rewet and set in the sun again. Works for me every time.

octopus

Post Sat, Mar 24 2012, 8:51 pm
I spray everything with shout and then throw it into the washer. afterwards I put my machine on the self clean cycle and bleach.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics