Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Phil and Ted Promenade v. Bugaboo Cameleon

amother

Post Tue, Mar 20 2012, 9:37 pm
I was so set on the bugaboo cameleon but then I found out about the Phil and Ted and now I'm so confused.

I'm going to be totally honest and say that the only reason I want the bugaboo is for the brand name, and I am well aware that it is totally impractical. B"h money isn't an issue.

Anyone with either who can tell me pros (don't need cons on the bugaboo-- I would honestly just get it because I want it, and I know I'm sounding totally juvenile) and pros/cons about the phil and ted.

Thanks!

momof3littleguys

Post Thu, Apr 19 2012, 11:06 am
I have the bugaboo and I dont think its impractical. Its really a great pushing stroller. I would go with that over the prominade.

amother

Post Thu, Apr 19 2012, 2:11 pm
I am preg with first and looking into carriages. I like the bugaboo (perhaps cuz of the brand name) but it's really trite by now. im looking for a cool impressive carriage that isnt as typical as the bugaboo. I never heard of the phil a teds. is it a brand name too? it looks nice online.

imaima

Post Thu, Apr 19 2012, 2:26 pm
amother wrote:
I was so set on the bugaboo cameleon but then I found out about the Phil and Ted and now I'm so confused.

I'm going to be totally honest and say that the only reason I want the bugaboo is for the brand name, and I am well aware that it is totally impractical. B"h money isn't an issue.

Anyone with either who can tell me pros (don't need cons on the bugaboo-- I would honestly just get it because I want it, and I know I'm sounding totally juvenile) and pros/cons about the phil and ted.

Thanks!

They seem to be different buggies. Do you need for one child or for two? Do you plan to have 2 kids close together? Then get a P&T rather than a cameleon. Or maybe, get a Bugaboo Donkey.

libramom

Post Thu, Apr 19 2012, 2:42 pm
I would go with the p&t
it has so much more options!!!
it looks like my dream stroller.
never seen one stroller which can be used in so many different variations!

amother

Post Thu, Apr 19 2012, 2:56 pm
Thanks for the feedback!! I'm expecting my first and really just plan on doing one pregnancy at a time, not planning on thinking about when to have my second yet so I really am just looking for a single.

I know a couple people who have the phil and ted sport, but that's pretty inexpensive and not so nice looking imo. If a stroller can run for $1000 then it has to be some sort of brand name, right??

What I am thinking of maybe doing is getting the chameleon for a single and then (whenever it is) getting the promenade for the double cause I really like it too.

(And the reason the bugaboo is impractical for me is cause we do a lot of traveling and I live in the suburbs.)

imaima

Post Thu, Apr 19 2012, 3:04 pm
amother wrote:
Thanks for the feedback!! I'm expecting my first and really just plan on doing one pregnancy at a time, not planning on thinking about when to have my second yet so I really am just looking for a single.

I know a couple people who have the phil and ted sport, but that's pretty inexpensive and not so nice looking imo. If a stroller can run for $1000 then it has to be some sort of brand name, right??

What I am thinking of maybe doing is getting the chameleon for a single and then (whenever it is) getting the promenade for the double cause I really like it too.

(And the reason the bugaboo is impractical for me is cause we do a lot of traveling and I live in the suburbs.)

Then get a bee! Why cameleon? Everyone who has a cameleon complain that it is hard to fold when you need to hold the bassinet, too. Or, I would really just get a promenade, or vibe. Those are premium strollers that grow with your family.

spring13

Post Thu, Apr 19 2012, 3:10 pm
P&T is VERY good quality, popular stuff. its just that until the Promenade, they made mostly very sporty, all-terrain strollers, which aren't as popular style-wise in some areas. Personally, I'm all over that, but it's really more about taste than function (unless you have a particular need for an all-terrain capable stroller).

The Promenade is a really nice stroller, and I'm a fan of the double capability - if you're going to spend that much money, you might as well get the most function from it as you can. Look into how well it folds, because if you live in the suburbs and expect to schlep your stroller in the car, that's something to consider. You might end up wanting an umbrella stroller too, which is totally normal.

If you're into the look and style of a Bugaboo or a Promenade, but aren't so into having the same exact stroller as everyone else, check out some of these models:

Peg Perego Skate
I'coo Targo
Bumbleride Queen B
Baby Jogger City Select
Britax B-Ready
Mutsy 4Rider
Quinny Buzz
Teutonia T-linx
Stokke Xplory
JJ Cole Broadway

amother

Post Thu, Apr 19 2012, 3:15 pm
spring13 wrote:
P&T is VERY good quality, popular stuff. its just that until the Promenade, they made mostly very sporty, all-terrain strollers, which aren't as popular style-wise in some areas. Personally, I'm all over that, but it's really more about taste than function (unless you have a particular need for an all-terrain capable stroller).

The Promenade is a really nice stroller, and I'm a fan of the double capability - if you're going to spend that much money, you might as well get the most function from it as you can. Look into how well it folds, because if you live in the suburbs and expect to schlep your stroller in the car, that's something to consider. You might end up wanting an umbrella stroller too, which is totally normal.

If you're into the look and style of a Bugaboo or a Promenade, but aren't so into having the same exact stroller as everyone else, check out some of these models:

Peg Perego Skate
I'coo Targo
Bumbleride Queen B
Baby Jogger City Select
Britax B-Ready
Mutsy 4Rider
Quinny Buzz
Teutonia T-linx
Stokke Xplory
JJ Cole Broadway

I have a Stokke and it is a nightmare with a car.

spring13

Post Thu, Apr 19 2012, 3:24 pm
amother wrote:
spring13 wrote:

Peg Perego Skate
I'coo Targo
Bumbleride Queen B
Baby Jogger City Select
Britax B-Ready
Mutsy 4Rider
Quinny Buzz
Teutonia T-linx
Stokke Xplory
JJ Cole Broadway

I have a Stokke and it is a nightmare with a car.

I can imagine Smile But it IS a striking stroller...

amother

Post Thu, Apr 19 2012, 4:34 pm
Then get a bee! Why cameleon? Everyone who has a cameleon complain that it is hard to fold when you need to hold the bassinet, too. Or, I would really just get a promenade, or vibe. Those are premium strollers that grow with your family.[/quote]

Well, I really want a bassinet, and IMO the bee looks like a wheelchair...

myfriends715

Post Thu, Apr 19 2012, 6:08 pm
if $ isnt an issue look at the orbit g2... im in love~~~

chaylizi

Post Sun, Apr 29 2012, 8:57 pm
amother wrote:
Then get a bee! Why cameleon? Everyone who has a cameleon complain that it is hard to fold when you need to hold the bassinet, too. Or, I would really just get a promenade, or vibe. Those are premium strollers that grow with your family.

Well, I really want a bassinet, and IMO the bee looks like a wheelchair...[/quote]

You can use the Micralite Toro bassinet on the bee with maxi cosi car seat adapter. The Toro is being discontinued here, so you may be able to find a deal on it.

jarussy

Post Sun, Apr 29 2012, 9:23 pm
I sell them so I will tell you that the cameleon is being take out of production. they are discontinuing it. Something new and I'm assuming comparable is coming in September. So... If you buy a cameleon now you can get a good price as they are offering discounts to blow out their stock, or if you can wait till september do that.

amother

Post Sun, Apr 29 2012, 10:48 pm
jarussy wrote:
I sell them so I will tell you that the cameleon is being take out of production. they are discontinuing it. Something new and I'm assuming comparable is coming in September. So... If you buy a cameleon now you can get a good price as they are offering discounts to blow out their stock, or if you can wait till september do that.

What?? It's being discontinued?? I didn't hear that anywhere! Just did a google search and nothing popped up, and they are still being sold for standard price... any chance you can pass on your sources?

jarussy

Post Mon, Apr 30 2012, 10:09 pm
Yes it is, information will not be released to public till mid- may

mizle10

Post Sun, May 06 2012, 2:11 am
Jarussy, how much do you think cameleons will be selling for in august?

ilic

Post Sun, May 06 2012, 3:23 am
My thoughts:
Ive had both the cameleon and the p&t (vibe) and the p&t is nowhere near as good quality as the bugaboo.

chaylizi

Post Mon, May 07 2012, 5:35 pm
ilic wrote:
My thoughts:
Ive had both the cameleon and the p&t (vibe) and the p&t is nowhere near as good quality as the bugaboo.

The Promenade is brand new, so you couldn't have used it. This model is more expensive than the Vibe. Equating them because they are made by the same company is like saying the Bee=Cameleon=Donkey. I'm sure you know that's ridiculous. Plus the Promenade can be used as a double. The Cam cannot.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics