Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Teen Calling Inappropriate Hotline WWYD?
1  2  Next

amother

Post Thu, Mar 29 2012, 2:29 pm
So my husband's brother called him to tell him that his younger 16 year old brother had called a s$x hotline. How should my husband deal with this, if at all? (We do not want his parents to find out.)

amother

Post Thu, Mar 29 2012, 2:34 pm
I don't know the answer to the question, but I just wanted to say that when I was a teen, somehow I started, and it took me years and years to stop. I wish someone would have been able to help me stop.

sequoia

Post Thu, Mar 29 2012, 2:35 pm
You mean to get information? What's wrong with that?

I thought you meant he called a 1-900 number.

amother

Post Thu, Mar 29 2012, 2:36 pm
This kid is super naive and really ehrlich. I have a feeling he got the number from a classmate and was curious.

amother

Post Thu, Mar 29 2012, 2:37 pm
sequoia wrote:
You mean to get information? What's wrong with that?

I thought you meant he called a 1-900 number.

I'm the amother who responded first - that is what I assumed as well.

amother

Post Thu, Mar 29 2012, 2:40 pm
None of you think there is anything wrong with a young bochur calling a phone seks line??

amother

Post Thu, Mar 29 2012, 2:50 pm
amother wrote:
None of you think there is anything wrong with a young bochur calling a phone seks line??

Of course there is something wrong - who thought not?

amother

Post Thu, Mar 29 2012, 3:04 pm
So why did the first posters say there is nothing wrong?

amother

Post Thu, Mar 29 2012, 5:44 pm
amother wrote:
So why did the first posters say there is nothing wrong?

She said if he just called a hotline with info about the topic of s#x, there's nothing wrong. But she wasn't sure if that's what you were talking about or a phone s#x line, which you clarified now.

sequoia

Post Thu, Mar 29 2012, 5:49 pm
Phone sx (1-900) numbers are not hotlines. Hotlines are for information, like abuse, drugs, rape, etc hotlines.

Anyone else listen to Dr. Drew as a teen? Smile

tsiggelle

Post Thu, Mar 29 2012, 5:53 pm
sequoia wrote:
Phone sx (1-900) numbers are not hotlines. Hotlines are for information, like abuse, drugs, rape, etc hotlines.

what is the difference practically speaking between the two?

sequoia

Post Thu, Mar 29 2012, 5:54 pm
tsiggelle wrote:
sequoia wrote:

????

What is the difference between calling a hotline for information and calling a phone sx number where a lady on the other end talks dirty to you while you jerk off?

Not to mention that hotlines are toll-free usually and phone sx lines are super expensive.

tsiggelle

Post Thu, Mar 29 2012, 5:57 pm
sequoia wrote:
tsiggelle wrote:
sequoia wrote:

????

What is the difference between calling a hotline for information and calling a phone sx number where a lady on the other end talks dirty to you while you jerk off?

Not to mention that hotlines are toll-free usually and phone sx lines are super expensive.

thank you, this is what I didnt know. you explained it very well.

amother

Post Thu, Mar 29 2012, 5:58 pm
tsiggelle wrote:
sequoia wrote:

A hotline is not a dirty line to call. It provides you with info about that particular topic. I suppose a s#x hotline will have info about s#x, but in a mild way not dirtily. maybe like a s#x ed class type...(Never called one so dont really know)

A phone s#x line on the other hand...put it this way, it's not a number a teen should be calling. Or any frum male. Or any married man. It is exactly as it sounds. Don't know too well how it works because never called. but it's not providing information.

Della

Post Thu, Mar 29 2012, 6:08 pm
How did DH's brother find out about this? I'm asking because we had a similar situation and got good advice from our Rav.

frisbee17

Post Thu, Mar 29 2012, 6:16 pm
A phone s*x hotline is where there is a person on the other end who says dirty things and talks to you while you do...that. And as previous posters said it is really expensive.

Do you know exactly what number he called? If you do you can look it up and see what exactly it was. If it was a harmless hotline which provided information, perhaps he has an innocent question about his development that he should talk to someone about if that is appropriate in his situation?

auntie_em

Post Thu, Mar 29 2012, 10:28 pm
sequoia wrote:

I did! Dr Drew and Adam Carolla, late at night on the radio!
It really was a great show and I think Dr Drew really helped a lot of, mostly younger, people.

chani8

Post Fri, Mar 30 2012, 5:33 am
Right OP, don't let the parents find out. Secrets esp zexual ones, are great to keep away from the parents. <sarc>

Great training for the cover up mentality.

amother

Post Mon, Apr 02 2012, 4:44 pm
Sometimes it IS better not to let the parents know. My husband is a good deal older than his brother, so he is the one who would help in these situations.
To the poster who asked how he found out: My husband's 20 year old brother picked up the other line in the house and heard enough to know what his 16 year old bro was listening to. What advice did your rabbi give?

amother

Post Tue, Apr 03 2012, 2:56 am
I wish someone could explain to young guys how important it is to stay away from things like that - for their future wives - they'll be happier in the long run. Imagine a poor girl married to a guy who has got all his ideas about intimacy from some phone line... Oyssh I hope there is someone who can help him.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children