Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Auditory neuropathy? Anyone familiar?

amother

Post Thu, Mar 22 2012, 11:24 am
Does anybody have any experience with auditory neuropathy and what worked for your child?

Thanks in advance.

21young

Post Thu, Mar 22 2012, 12:18 pm
You gave no information, but first of all, I'm so sorry for what you're going through!
My DS was diagnosed with auditory neuropathy a few months ago. After tons of testing we have come to the conclusion that it was a misdiagnosis, b"h.
Because my son is also hearing impaired and it was a strange case I went to Dr. Thomas Roland in NYU for another opinion, and I was also in contact with Dr. Linda Hood, a professor in Tennessee who is at the forefront of studies on neuropathy.
Let me tell you straight off that it is a relatively new field, and hugely overdiagnosed. Please PM me, I have tons of information and research that I did that I'd love to share, and hopefully will save you some of my headaches.
Good luck!

21young

Post Thu, Mar 22 2012, 12:25 pm
I don't know where you child is up to, or whether he/she is also hearing impaired. Before the diagnosis my therapists had been working on auditory verbal therapy, but with neuropathy they were going to do a combination of auditory and visual. B"h we're now back to auditory.
Just a suggestion.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics