Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Child & Baby Products
Uppababy Vista Rumbleseat

tdot2mtl

Post Tue, Mar 27 2012, 10:38 am
Has anybody used the rumbleseat for the uppababy vista? I was thinking of purchasing this instead of buying a double stroller. Is it hard to push, too heavy, uncomfortable for child? Any thoughts? TIA

tdot2mtl

Post Tue, Mar 27 2012, 8:19 pm
nobody?

seeker

Post Tue, Mar 27 2012, 9:13 pm
I don't have it myself, but I've been looking into doubles and know someone who has one, so I'll tell you what I've heard.

It can be super convenient if: 1. you already have a Vista that's compatible with the rumble seat. 2. Your older kid is either old enough or out of the way enough that you'll want to use the stroller as a single about as often as a double.

If you're starting stroller shopping from scratch and your kids are close in age that you'll be using it mostly as a double, there are better options that also have a removable seat if that's what you're looking for (Phil and Teds has one, Britax B-Ready, City Select to name a few) The reason why in that case I would not recommend the Vista is because it is mainly built to be a single and lacks many features of a full double. It's said to be a little awkward with the rumble seat on, the rumble seat doesn't recline or adjust at all, and it can only go in one place (other convertible strollers usually have options of kids facing each other/away from each other/front and back... except the Phil and Teds is both forward facing. But the vista has one kid basically under the other kid's feet, with the feet in his face).

My friend who has the Vista + rumble seat loves it, though. Her kids are maybe 3 years apart so she loves that she has a great single stroller and it's easy to pop the extra seat on and off. Because her older kid is older, she doesn't need it all the time (big one is sometimes in preschool, sometimes walking...) and easy poppability is perfect for her. And because he's older, he doesn't need to, say, lean back to fall asleep. She doesn't seem to have any complaints about maneuverability.

In summary: If you have a Vista already and like it, and your older kid is not tiny (I'd say around 2 would do) then the rumble seat is probably a great choice. With the money you save on not getting a big fancy double you can even get a spare double umbrella stroller for when you need lightweight/travel because the Vista ain't that. But if you're looking for a brand new stroller, investigate other options before deciding on the Vista.

sarlal

Post Tue, Mar 27 2012, 10:48 pm
tandem strollers are generally not as easy to push as side-by-side double strollers, but they are narrower.
the uppababy is a terrific stroller. the rumble seat is great because it's only $100 and it clicks on and off very easily (just like everything about the uppababy -- it's easy!!). however, the rumble seat does not rcline. additionally, it won't fit with the bassinet in the main seat compartment, but rather only with a car seat or the regular seat in place. I assume taht you will be putting your older child in the rumble seat, so be aware that the heavier weight in the tandem seat shifts the weight of the stroller and makes it harder to steer. it pushes well, but it is harder to steer. also, your child's feet will be in the basket. although the basket is huge anyway. it's something to keep in mind.
I keep the uppabbay and the rumble seat in the trunk of my car and I use a double side-by-side stroller for walks and for shabbos.
if you could afford the $100, it's definitely worth it. but I don't think you should count on it for long walks.

tdot2mtl

Post Wed, Mar 28 2012, 10:02 am
thanks so much for the replies! I do already have a vista and my DD is already 2, so I think that it sounds like a good option, and maybe a double umbrella, as you suggested.
I appreciate the feedback!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics