Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Baby Sleep Schedule

PinkandYellow

Post Tue, Mar 27 2012, 11:40 am
I know at 6 months they should be getting 14 hrs in a 24 hr period. But how much time in between naps? how often should he nap and for how long should he be up at a stretch before I put him for another nap? And at night, how long should he go asleep without waking for a feeding? thanks.

chani8

Post Wed, Mar 28 2012, 8:09 pm
Work out his schedule with him.

Start by when he wakes up, change his diaper, feed and burp him, entertain him, and then put him down for a nap.

At six months, I would expect 4 small naps in the day, I think, and then sleep thru the night.

If he is on a schedule that he needs to eat in the night, then try to keep him asleep by not letting him cry too much before getting to him. Dont turn on any main or bright lights. Change the diaper quickly with no (cold) wipies unless poopy. Feed, burp if nec, and back to bed he goes.

chani8

Post Wed, Mar 28 2012, 8:11 pm
Oh, regarding that schedule of sleep, diaper, feed, play, then back to sleep, I'd say that from wake up to finished playing, is 2 - 3 hours, then a 1 - 2 hour nap, then start over again.

SS6099

Post Thu, Mar 29 2012, 12:26 pm
My 6 month old generally takes a good nap in the morning (2-3 hours), a cat nap in the afternoon, and then I put him to bed about 8:00. Wakes up about 7:00 in the morning. (No he does NOT sleep thru the night and wakes up 1-2 times for a bottle though). If you add up the hours, it's about 14-16.
Each baby is different but it's great to get them onto a schedule at this age.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics