Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
GPS

ShirleyTemple

Post Thu, Mar 29 2012, 12:39 pm
Any recommendations on a good GPS.. not too expensive. Which one is a good brand, Garmin, TomTom? I like the option of lifetime map updates. What other perks should I look at?

Are you happy with the one you have? Which one?

Thanks.

Tzutzie

Post Thu, Mar 29 2012, 12:59 pm
as far as I know Garmin is the best. but I can't tell you for sure cuz I don't own a GPS yet. Mil buys one for her kids when they get their first car... meanwhile we've been renting every other weekend so no GPS... but I use TeleNav GPS from my HTC EVO phone. it could be great and it could also send me on a roller coaster going round and round and round and round....... :arrow:

Barbara

Post Thu, Mar 29 2012, 1:23 pm
We're happy with our Garman, but its a couple of years old so I doubt the same model is still being sold.

Nice features -- we can tell it to avoid certain roads. So if there's construction, or we hear that there's an accident or a traffic jam, we tell it to re-route around that road. (Otherwise, it tries to send you back to the most direct route.)

DH also went for a button that you put on the steering wheel that let's you give voice commands. He loves it. I never use it.

ShirleyTemple

Post Thu, Mar 29 2012, 2:38 pm
Thanks gals. Model numbers please?

peppermint

Post Thu, Mar 29 2012, 5:51 pm
We are very happy with our Garmin 1490LMT

ShirleyTemple

Post Mon, Apr 02 2012, 12:24 pm
I got a good offer for the Garmin 1390LMT. Has Lifetime Map & Traffic Updates and Bluetooth, for 129.99.

I think I will order it... Thanks for ur suggestions!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars